Have you guys heard of a "top"

I can't find any info on it but after all these years I found a term of never heard before being used by someone. Any help is appreciated folks.

Be naughty.
A "top" is the pitcher...a "bottom" is the catcher.
I can't find any info on it but after all these years I found a term of never heard before being used by someone. Any help is appreciated folks.

Be naughty. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Kayla, I have heard of a top. A top is a child's toy, round, tapering to a rounded point at the bottom, usually painted in bright primary colors. If the top is spun rapidly, it assumes a dynamic stability due to the conservation of angular momentum, and will "stand" on its pointed bottom. As friction slows it down, it commences wobbling and eventually falls over.

I'm trying to be naughty, but the only top-related naughtiness I can come up with is if one child takes the top away from another. I guess that's kind of naughty.
If you are talking about a "top" in the BDSM world....

There are some circles of BDSM that consider "Dominant" and "submissive" to be identifiers of a deeper, long term relationship. It has the same connotations as "husband and wife", meaning that this is a person that you are dedicated to and with whom you have a specific relationship with. But some people just want to casually play with others, and are willing to scene with people that they don't have a close relation with. "Top" and "Bottom" is kind of shorthand for this. "Top" is a person who falls on the Dominant side of the D/s spectrum, who gives the spankings/does the tying/gives the orders/operates the equipment. A "bottom" is someone who is submissive, and prefers to be the one having things done to. In any case, calling yourself a "Top" just means that you are dominant in nature, but are open to casual play.

In gay sex, a "top" is the person with his cock in the "bottom's" asshole.
Akito broke it down perfect in both BDSM Terms and In the understanding of a gay male relationship.

Top is the Boss and Bottom is the Bitch!!!

Ultimately the Bottom has the control cause they can say the Tap out word or (safe word) and it all comes to an end!

Akito broke it down perfect in both BDSM Terms and In the understanding of a gay male relationship.

Ultimately the Bottom has the control cause they can say the Tap out word or (safe word) and it all comes to an end!

Originally Posted by Winter Monroe
The sub has all the power...it's one of the most misunderstood things....
I consider myself a "sensual top"...I don't do hardcore,I like more sensual and playful roles in the bdsm spectrum...............Now when I do my mmf or mfm playtimes I am a "top from the bottom".

top from the bottom-
Basically, it is a description of sexual nature that could involve any number of acts: when a dominant person takes a submissive role but still remains in charge while the actual submissive person takes a dominant role but still takes orders.
A dominatrix is said to "top from the bottom" when she lets her submissive tie her up and perform oral sex on her, but all the while she is telling him how she likes to be licked and he does it how she says to.
DR I just love that sensual sexual mind of yours not to mention that beautiful hard ass. Gents all you have to do is look at the ass up close and personal and you'll start getting that feeling of your balls moving around in the sack LOL BUT NOT KI DDING!
In this business, I say I am a top because guys want to be pampered and cared for while being spoiled and attended to sexually and will see a woman labeled a top to have fun. however many men do not want to be a sub and do not want to see a woman labeled dominatrix or dominant because they think she might be into pain or humiliation. lots of guys want to lay back and relinquish control but not be served by a sadistic Domme but rather a loving kind top who is skilled in taking control but remaining kind and sweet and attentive to their pleasure. Top means i call the shots and pace the session and give the pleasure. I do not bottom professionally ever.
  • M4ww2
  • 05-16-2016, 01:54 PM
I would like to be the bottom to a female. I'm not into pain or humiliation but something about being taken control of turns me on. The only pain I think I would enjoy is edging and would really like to have someone give me a true post orgasm session with me tied down.
A Top/bottom dynamic is similar to Dominant/submissive dynamic but it only covers the realm of play and there is no power exchange. People who do this only "in the bedroom" are often Tops and bottoms. So a Spanker and a spankee or a Rope Rigger and a rope bunny.

Topping from the bottom is a term that has a very negative connotation and is when a bottom or a submissive tries to lead, control, or manipulate in a way that is inappropriate for the dynamic. A Dom who is Switching with their sub and playing as a bottom is not Topping from the bottom. Subs who are completely submissive but sometimes Top in order to appease a partner who is still essentially in control but wants to play as a bottom are called Service Tops, because they are submissives or bottoms who only Top as an act of service.

Originally Posted by Winter Monroe
You are definitely a top and really know how to make someone your bitch...mmm. Yep. An ATF experience.
Hey Kayla!!!

I really like some of these answers!!! I consider a top/bottom to be a more casual terminology and on any given day, I agree with most of what's been written above (James ... silly rabbit! kiss).

Clients who top from the bottom are very annoying but it's super common. And these terms have loose meanings, anyway.

Also, someone wrote this above ... but I also consider the submissive person, or the bottom, to be the one who has the most control. Because it's the bottom that will often set the boundaries of what they'll accept, sexually and otherwise (punishment, marks, anal play ... the whole smeal) or it's mutually agreed upon (those boundaries) before "playing."

I consider myself a "sensual dominate" as well. I'm not into hardcore activities (although fisting is fine and defining "hardcore" does change with me from time to time!) and I don't wear leather.

I prefer to lead. And to assist men in discovering what erotically touches their core.

I feel that you could, fairly easily, combine some mild forms of domination into your massage sessions. I know that you often will do prostate massage (and I've heard you're excellent doing it!!!! )

But as with everything, sometimes, a client/friend can go too far and it's uncomfortable. Just ask questions. Some men don't know what they want.

But the ones that do? Just ask them for lessons. What pleases them. What are they craving and what are the past experiences.

One person, who participates in this forum quite a bit, actually taught me a LOT of what I know about spanking. This was YEARS ago. And another client taught me about extreme nipple torture.

Most kinksters (and a LOT of lifestyle Dommes don't care for that term but I use it) LOVE to share what they know. And they'll bring their own toys, or whips and hairbrushes ... to show you what touches that inner space that needs stroking from within.

Hope this helps. Sorry to have answered in a not so timely manner! As some of you know, I've been busy with real life stuff for the past few months.

Kindest regards,
Elisabeth
Taint is neither top nor bottom ... Taint is taint.
I'm a submissive who's pretty invested in exploring the depths of that role. Being a switch or Domme has some appeal to me, but only in a distant future. I do want to lend my voice to clarify that a bottom isn't always the submissive and a top isn't always Dominant. For example, one can be submissive and top their partner. When I see people conflating topping with a Dominant role or being a bottom with a submissive role, it perplexes me. Dynamics are so much more complicated, intricate, and nuanced than that.