Daytime hotel use - leaving little to no trace

Wanted to ask what hotels in the DFW area..preferably North Dallas (McKinney, Allen, Plano) area are good for daytime booking. Also, how do you get a hotel room without leaving behind any trace?

I recently went to book the Quality inn off of 75, while I was paying for cash, they would not let me book a room without first using my Credit Card for incidentals. I backed out, because I was afraid something would pop up on my statement that I was using it at the Quality inn...Hard to explain to the wife.

Thanks in advance for the replies and experience shared.
Prepaid cards work for having a limited trace. They still have to be in your name, but it won't show up on an account statement. There ARE some hotels that don't accept them (Best Western).. the biggest disadvantage is having to have enough to cover whatever the deposit is (Generally 50-100).

Daytime booking can be a pain. This is why so many ladies tend to be available for 2 days... its easier to schedule 2 days if you want that hotel at noon. Now, if you are a morning person, you can book the room the night before. But if you really need the room between that 11AM-2PM timeframe, depending on location you'll likely need 2 nights.
Thanks for responding. I will look into the pre-paid card.

I was thinking booking it one day and trying to get afternoon and next morning use out of it. This is more of a workplace affair scenario.
Go paperless
  • Re
  • 11-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Buy a camper trailer, you can do some real fun hillbilly roleplaying type shit in a camper.

On a serious note, get a walmart debit card, you can opt for email only statements. Reload it with cash at Walmart. I've used it to get hotel rooms at most of the major chains. Any of the nicer hotels I've been to usually want an actual credit card.
Well crap. I was looking for the same thing - a hotel from 11-2 PM

Are there any in that same area with early check-in?
Prepaid cards work for having a limited trace. They still have to be in your name, but it won't show up on an account statement. There ARE some hotels that don't accept them (Best Western).. the biggest disadvantage is having to have enough to cover whatever the deposit is (Generally 50-100). Originally Posted by GracePreston
Actually the hotel will show an the prepaid card statement as a pending charge for that hotel. I use a prepaid debit card for booking and it shows everytime. It usually gets released back to my card 3 days to 3 weeks later.
Get a vanilla card (cvs, wally world, wal-greens)

It is a visa card with no name, paid in cash ($5 fee) and u can use any name or address with it.

U should ask a hoe or a pimp that's what they use.
Also, Some hotels will accept a CASH deposit for incidentals. They don't tell you this unless you ask.
FWIW, I use the pre-paid, no-name VISA/MC to pay for the room, but most of the hotels I've booked at in the last year won't accept a no-name card for the security deposit. As Grace said, around mid-day is difficult - too early for early check-in and too late for late-checkout. I've found most have been accommodating to early check-in after Noon if you're polite (i.e. beg).

For those that do this, how have you got around the requirement to see an ID with matching address?
The address on my ID and the address on my cards don't match. That isn't an unusual scenario these days.
Buy a camper trailer, you can do some real fun hillbilly roleplaying type shit in a camper.

On a serious note, get a walmart debit card, you can opt for email only statements. Reload it with cash at Walmart. I've used it to get hotel rooms at most of the major chains. Any of the nicer hotels I've been to usually want an actual credit card. Originally Posted by Re
Ha! I thought of buying an rv to provide out of once.