What is it worth to you.

• Brot
  • 09-15-2013, 09:27 AM
How much would you expect or be willing to pay to give/get preferential scheduling treatment over and above the normal rate?
Please don't suggest this, It is bad enough the airlines charge for the privilege of boarding first. The hobby does not need this. In my book, it is first come; first served. I'm not willing to pay extra for a preferred time. I can wait. If it doesn't happen; it doesn't happen.
Please don't suggest this, It is bad enough the airlines charge for the privilege of boarding first. The hobby does not need this. In my book, it is first come; first served. I'm not willing to pay extra for a preferred time. I can wait. If it doesn't happen; it doesn't happen. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
I'm with Cpalmson on this. If I found out a provider was willing to "bump" me ahead of a scheduled client for an "extra" fee, I'd not only NOT take advantage of it, I'd probably mark that provider as "don't bother seeing" and move on.

I'd guess she'd LOSE more clients than she gains "extra" fees from so it wouldn't be a winning strategy if it became known generally.
I think in the long run there is a good chance she could loose more money than she would make.
If you are a dependable regular, a good client, and TIP.......this will probably happen by default.
If you are a dependable regular, a good client, and TIP.......this will probably happen by default. Originally Posted by hgritstoo
I would certainly HOPE NOT. I have a "most favorite" provider that I see regularly, I *think* I qualify as a good client, she seems to have fun each time at least, and I often tip with presents and such, and I fully expect that when I contact her for our next appointment, if I pick a day when she's already scheduled someone else, she'd simply say that day's not available and find another day she's open.

If I found out she was cancelling on another client in order to fit me in, I'd feel bad for the other client and I'd not think as highly of my provider for doing that. And if she OFFERED me the chance to bump another client in return for an "additional fee", I'd decline and again I wouldn't think as highly of her as I do now.

I say all of this because I could in NO WAY, believe she would even think of doing such a thing. But I guess everyone is different.
  • Blaze
  • 09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
If you are a dependable regular, a good client, and TIP.......this will probably happen by default. Originally Posted by hgritstoo
I do this. If I have a client call ahead and say he is going to be in town or will be calling on a specific day, but unsure of the time,,, I wait and do not schedule anyone else until that gent has been seen.

Have I lost money, yes. Was it worth it, yes. My atf's come first, period. They are my tried and true and most of all, they don't let me down. Some may not tip, but their devotion over the years is tip enough.
I would certainly HOPE NOT. I have a "most favorite" provider that I see regularly, I *think* I qualify as a good client, she seems to have fun each time at least, and I often tip with presents and such, and I fully expect that when I contact her for our next appointment, if I pick a day when she's already scheduled someone else, she'd simply say that day's not available and find another day she's open.

If I found out she was cancelling on another client in order to fit me in, I'd feel bad for the other client and I'd not think as highly of my provider for doing that. And if she OFFERED me the chance to bump another client in return for an "additional fee", I'd decline and again I wouldn't think as highly of her as I do now.

I say all of this because I could in NO WAY, believe she would even think of doing such a thing. But I guess everyone is different. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
I don't think it goes like that, Redleg. More like this:

A lady gets an email from you, and an email from a new client for the same day. You would get your appointment while the new guy would have to reschedule for a different day.

I agree it is not a privilege I believe you should pay for, and it's also a privilege you should never know you have.

Night everyone!

A lady gets an email from you, and an email from a new client for the same day. You would get your appointment while the new guy would have to reschedule for a different day.

I agree it is not a privilege I believe you should pay for, and it's also a privilege you should never know you have.

Night everyone!
Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
+1

Gnite!
For the client that wants to be 1st shouldn't he just schedule the 5am special
  • Old-T
  • 09-16-2013, 06:25 AM

Night everyone!
Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
Nicely said as usual. I have never paid for such, and don't expect I would.

A similar thing I have noticed is some ladies give preferential treatment concerning how far in advance I can make an appointment. Many ladies don't like to make appointments too far out because a lot of guys then flake on them, but for trusted guys they will lock in an appointment farther in advance. I have occasionally reserved time a month or two ahead because I knew that part of my travel situation, and I actually have an over night reserved for next April that I made last April. That kind of "preferred scheduling" I suspect happens more than the monetary kind.
I'm with Cpalmson on this. If I found out a provider was willing to "bump" me ahead of a scheduled client for an "extra" fee, I'd not only NOT take advantage of it, I'd probably mark that provider as "don't bother seeing" and move on.

I'd guess she'd LOSE more clients than she gains "extra" fees from so it wouldn't be a winning strategy if it became known generally. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
I thinck it would depend on how much extra leg room is available.
There are a few ladies who I have seen who send me an advance notice of their visit to town. I imagine they send that same note to a few other “preferred” clients before they post their visit publicly. To me, that is the best approach as it gives better and known clients a chance to book before others, but once the ad is posted, no preferential treatment is expected.

Paying to be bumped ahead in line is to me a bad idea and bad business.
I'm single, a frequent flier of a few that has been grandfathered. So I let em bump me for others. What do I care, my time will come.

edit add: I like it when they feel guilty, then take me out for lunch or dinner.
  • Blaze
  • 09-17-2013, 07:42 AM
OSD, you crack me up!