If I wanted America to Fail.

I'm sure most of you have already seen this, but I think it is worthy of being passed on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc
  • ftime
  • 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
I thought it was a joke till it ended where it started. Haven't really looked at who this freemarketamerica.org is - really. Sounds like Rove. If I "get" the point - fail - not America - the groundless propaganda. I reaaly am bored by hyperbole from both sides of the spectrum.
+1 ftime. If I may be so bold, it's crap, from a completely non-partisan perspective.
Really? Ya think so.
There you all go again thinking your thoughts, opinions, and votes count again.
ELECTORAL COLLEGE - your not a part of it.
  • ftime
  • 05-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't know if you're a man or a woman - just reading the rumors. But I know this - if there was just a popular vote we would have had Gore for two terms instead of GWB. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - just wanted you to get what you ask for. In states like TX, if voters ( more if it matters) would elect very few Old Party folks. I agree that, that would be a good decision, I.E. elect the person the majority of people want and not take the winner takes all. It Ignores political fragmintation.
hehe I'm female.....Now that's funny. I used to have a co-op. Back to politics. How do you think things would have turned out if we had Gore?
hehe I'm female.....Now that's funny. I used to have a co-op. Back to politics. How do you think things would have turned out if we had Gore? Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston
We'd have started the recession eight years sooner.
  • ftime
  • 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't believe that follows the facts. My guess is that Gore would have closley followed Clinton's economic policies, which at the end of his second term created a surplus. What led to our economic woes? Reduction of revenue, ie cuts in the highest marginal tax rates, 911 and it's costs, foolish de-regulation - which Clinton was also guilty of, permissive housing loans, two wars, extension of medicare drug benefits, and large bailouts - obviously followed with Obama's administration.

This said, I can't see how Gore would cause a depression. Several of these items would have happened with whoever was in office. 911, the housing bubble and I suspect the need for the bailouts (credit default swaps NEED to be regulated and adequately reserved for).
The video is complete crap. Including the background music.

Constructing paper windmills and then tilting at them.

I gave up less than half way.

What will make America fail is if it has an education system which doesn't train kids to think and analyse and learn for themselves.

What will make America fail is if it thinks it has a God given right to be dominant for ever.

What will make America fail is if it doesn't regain a top spot in world education leagues (or imports the talent).

What will make America fail is if it doesn't innovate and invent.

What will make America fail is if it becomes isolationist.
The video is complete crap. Including the background music.

Constructing paper windmills and then tilting at them.

I gave up less than half way.

What will make America fail is if it has an education system which doesn't train kids to think and analyse and learn for themselves.

What will make America fail is if it thinks it has a God given right to be dominant for ever.

What will make America fail is if it doesn't regain a top spot in world education leagues (or imports the talent).

What will make America fail is if it doesn't innovate and invent.

What will make America fail is if it becomes isolationist. Originally Posted by essence
Sounds like what England used to be
Sounds like what England used to be Originally Posted by tbone2u
Yes, I'm just warning y'all !

Apart from the top 1%, English education has become a joke. Everybody gets A's.
Somebody sent me that video too. I'm glad other people here also find it crap.