Why do we call it gettin "laid".

As I have time this morning another question comes to mind: why is it called gettin laid?

My first time I was the one that got "laid". But being in high school at the time the back seat of my plymouth was the most convenient site & thus I got "sat" most friday & saturday nites.

Many is the occassion when I did the work & she "laid". Was I "laiding" or "laying"?

In my youth, before my body began to give up, I would sneak up behind the mrs. & give her a surprise from behind. Isn't this more aptly called getting "Stood"?

Every once in a while, I've been in doggy which seems to be getting "knealt" or "Kneeled"?

Any way, what are your thoughts? I'll go take my meds now.
"Blow Job" - they don't blow and it's not a job.
  • Modda
  • 09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
"Blow Job" - they don't blow and it's not a job. Originally Posted by love2fishfork
Laid is the past tense and past participle of the verb lay. In turn, lay means several things, including (principally) "to place something on a surface, especially in a lying or horizontal position," and (in a vulgar, slang sense), "to have sexual intercourse with,"

The Oxford English Dictionary provides as definition 2b for lay:

"To have sexual intercourse with (a woman). Occasionally intransitive construction. for: (of a woman) to have sexual intercourse with (a man). Also intransitive: (of a woman) to be willing to have (extramarital) sexual intercourse. slang (orig. U.S.)."

So, hence getting "laid".

see: http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=156

As for Blow Job, see: http://panatibooks.com/intimate/blowjob.html

Kisses,

- Jackie
The various forms of "lay" and "lie" confuse even most English speakers. It doesn't help that the simple past tense of lie is "lay".

"Lay" is a transitive verb, meaning it has a direct object. You lay "something" down.
"John laid the telephone on the counter"

"Lie" is an intransitive verb. No direct object. You lie down.

The mnemonic I used to teach is based on two old sayings:
"Now I lay me down to sleep" - active, direct object is me
"Let sleeping dogs lie" - passive, no direct object

So when a guy would say that he laid a girl down in the barn and they had sex, he was using proper English. He "laid her down" becomes "he laid her."
Mother slapped the shit out of me when I said fucked,so I started saying I got laid and it just cough on...
"Blow Job" - they don't blow and it's not a job. Originally Posted by love2fishfork
Not a job? You've obviously never given one.
Not a job? You've obviously never given one. Originally Posted by TaylorBliss
No offense, but more than a few gentlemen are going to read that comment and wonder why you're in the business, if that's how you feel . . . just sayin'. I may know that you're joking, but more than few may not . . .

Personally, I love being on my dirty little knees, and it isn't work (it doesn't feel like a job) when you love what you do.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Mother slapped the shit out of me when I said fucked,so I started saying I got laid and it just cough on... Originally Posted by ekim008
That gave me a good laugh! Thanks. Our moms musted been related.
No offense, but more than a few gentlemen are going to read that comment and wonder why you're in the business, if that's how you feel . . . just sayin'. I may know that you're joking, but more than few may not . . .

Personally, I love being on my dirty little knees, and it isn't work (it doesn't feel like a job) when you love what you do.

Kisses,

- Jackie Originally Posted by Jackie Devlin
Oh, I love doing it, it's pretty well what I'm best known for. It's just that there is skill, and effort and passion required for a 'job well done'.
LOL I have NEVER told anyone this - but it seems relevant....

The first BJ I ever gave, I actually "blew"

xoxo
I know thats why my ears are so big now!!!
LOL I have NEVER told anyone this - but it seems relevant....

The first BJ I ever gave, I actually "blew"

xoxo Originally Posted by Kourtney Lynn
See, it's not an intuitive thing, it needs work to be good. lol
"Eating Pussy" - i dare say actually biting & Chewing might lead to serious head & neck trauma or asphixiation by thigh.
Why doggie style? How about horse, cat, cow,.................