As Shrub would say....

Man, that was a thumpin'. We're in the hands of the Philistines.

What will be the first thing the Republican controlled congress will try to do?

1. Repeal Obamacare?

2. Declare war on Iran?

3. Propose a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage, abortion and the teaching of evolution in the nation's school rooms?

4. Nothing that matters?

What's on your wish list? Truly.....I'll be interested to hear what the mouth-breathers would like to see accomplished.

And, I see Ted Cruz is already announcing that he will not support McConnell for senate majority leader. Interesting.
1. Repeal Obamacare? May not have to. It may die on its own because not many will be able to afford it.

2. Declare war on Iran? Stopping them from getting nuclear weapons will be enough for now.

3. Propose a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage, abortion and the teaching of evolution in the nation's school rooms? Stop using the legal system to give gays special treatment and force the gay agenda on the country. Promote the fact that life begins at conception. The evolution theory has enough holes that if it were taught honestly, it would go away.

What's on your wish list? An honest discussion about jobs and the economy. Keystone pipeline. Pay down the debt. Seal the border with Mexico then deal with the illegals that are already here. Do away with the talk of raising the minimum wage. Stop ISIS, support Israel, otherwise stay out of the middle east.
Yep, you hit every single one of them talking points, filbone!
I thought a shrub sang?

What will they do?

Elect McConnell and his cadre of CoC republicans to Senate chairs......expand the federal government....grow the national debt.....pass more regulations that choke-off american enterprise.
1. Repeal Obamacare? May not have to. It may die on its own because not many will be able to afford it.

2. Declare war on Iran? Stopping them from getting nuclear weapons will be enough for now.

3. Propose a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage, abortion and the teaching of evolution in the nation's school rooms? Stop using the legal system to give gays special treatment and force the gay agenda on the country. Promote the fact that life begins at conception. The evolution theory has enough holes that if it were taught honestly, it would go away.

What's on your wish list? An honest discussion about jobs and the economy. Keystone pipeline. Pay down the debt. Seal the border with Mexico then deal with the illegals that are already here. Do away with the talk of raising the minimum wage. Stop ISIS, support Israel, otherwise stay out of the middle east. Originally Posted by filbone
Why are you on a hooker site if you have such strong religious beliefs and family values of biblical proportions?

What will be the first thing the Republican controlled congress will try to do?

1. Repeal Obamacare?

2. Declare war on Iran?

3. Propose a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage, abortion and the teaching of evolution in the nation's school rooms? Originally Posted by timpage
None of the above.

They have a lot more Senate seats at risk in 2016 than the Democrats do.

So look for the GOP to overhaul, but not repeal Obamacare. They don't have their own plan and they are not going to replace something with nothing.

And Obamacare IS going to need fising. Many of the most expensive provisions of Obamacare don't kick in until 2017. That is the way Obama and the Democrats had it planned. They had dinner and they are running out on the check.

Number 2 is a non-starter. We aren't putting more boots on the ground in the Middle East.

Number 3 is a non-starter. I doubt you could get a majority of the GOP to back any such amendment, let along the whole of Congress.
None of the above.

So look for the GOP to overhaul, but not repeal Obamacare. They don't have their own plan and they are not going to replace something with nothing.

And Obamacare IS going to need fising. Many of the most expensive provisions of Obamacare don't kick in until 2017. That is the way Obama and the Democrats had it planned. They had dinner and they are running out on the check.

Number 2 is a non-starter. We aren't putting more boots on the ground in the Middle East.

Number 3 is a non-starter. I doubt you could get a majority of the GOP to back any such amendment, let along the whole of Congress. Originally Posted by ExNYer
It was tongue in cheek......but don't think there won't be crazy rumblings about all of those things from those on your side of the aisle. There will be.....what happened yesterday will be viewed as a mandate by your crazies. And, maybe it was.
None of the above.

Number 3 is a non-starter. I doubt you could get a majority of the GOP to back any such amendment, let along the whole of Congress. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Very accurate portrayal of the realities of the situation.
In a nod to the other side of the aisle, I thought many of the defeated candidates were gracious in defeat. Maybe that can start the ball rolling on some fair compromises and cooperative, limited government.
Stop ISIS, support Israel, otherwise stay out of the middle east. Originally Posted by filbone
Amen to that!!!
Why are you on a hooker site if you have such strong religious beliefs and family values of biblical proportions? Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Why are you on a hooker board judging someone else's beliefs?

What will be the first thing the Republican controlled congress will try to do? Originally Posted by timpage
I'm afraid the probability is very high that Republicans will do what they usually do; that is, claim they have a great mandate, overplay their hand, and shoot themselves in the foot.

But here are a couple of things I think they should do and might do, although I certainly won't be waiting with bated breath.

Fix the myriad problems caused by Dodd-Frank. Although it contains a number of good provisions, the bill makes life far too difficult for smaller community banks, many of which have historically been the lifeblood of small business. Dodd-Frank creates strong headwinds for smaller institutions and has made it very difficult to compete for capital availability and loan books with the megabanks, which are typically 60-70% larger than they were six or seven years ago. This set of conditions has allowed the biggest behemoths to simply swallow up smaller players at bargain prices. Sadly, very little has been done about TBTF and systemic risk. In my view, a good place to start would be to create a reasonably streamlined and transparent set of financial regulations (which Dodd-Frank most assuredly is not), along with something like a new Glass-Steagall updated for the 21st century.

Address (at minimum) the worst elements of the health care law. It obviously will not be repealed, and hopefully Republicans have learned that trying to do so without offering some sort of plan with broad-based appeal will backfire. But there ought to be widespread support for doing away with many of the perverse incentives and other damaging aspects of the bill. Although the whole thing was very poorly conceived from the get-go, I think there may be a number of incremental ways to make it less bad than it is now. Democrats should be eager to support substantial efforts in this area, since -- if they do not -- some of their own political fortunes may be damaged during the coming years.

Do something about the corporate tax code. It is arguably the worst in the technologically advanced world, and that's led to multiple inversions and has kept massive amounts of capital overseas since we do not have a territorial tax system like virtually everyone else.

Even Jason Furman realized this back in 2007:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102601860.html

Now that he has a bigger voice, you'd think he'd get his boss on board with a few ideas here.

For that matter, I think we need to blow away the entire clusterfuckish mess that answers to the name of our tax code and start completely afresh.

But the business-as-usual types are generally interested only in winning pointless (and often Pyrrhic) political battles.
Why are you on a hooker site if you have such strong religious beliefs and family values of biblical proportions? Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
SexxySabrina, Smurfy, AngelaS, Grace, RHJulie, Jules, Myra ...

I'm just a weak sinner like the rest of you.
SexxySabrina, Smurfy, AngelaS, Grace, RHJulie, Jules, Myra ...

I'm just a weak sinner, supporting single moms like the rest of you. Originally Posted by filbone
FTFY
Keystone pipeline
Border security
Something in regards to a woman's pussy