Phone Numbers in Alerts

• GP
  • 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
So what's the deal? Do we have a new rule? Or is this an old rule that no one ever heard of?

I go in the alerts section and it is only recently that mods have started *********'ing out the phone numbers.

What gives and why didn't we get a clear answer on this when it was brought up in the thread in the alert section where this was an issue?

Come on mods, clue us in. I find this to be a REALLY silly rule that can not be found anywhere.
I'm afraid to dial 585 due to this
I have been told that the following applies:

#5 - Outing or threats of outing are taken seriously. Membership here is anonymous and for the privacy of our members it will remain that way. That means any effort or attempt to connect a person's real world information to their username on this board will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. This includes real names, employment, medical info, addresses past or present, images, criminal or driving record, etc. We expect everyone who participates here to respect and go to great lengths to protect the anonymity and privacy of one another. Reckless disregard or accidental outing will also be taken very seriously.

Since posting the phone number could be what is the problem if it is not a hobby phone. Originally Posted by brutusbluto
This was the answer I posted in that thread. It should be sufficient enough of an answer for you and this community. Sorry if you feel that it is not good enough....
There was an alert the other day with a dude's name in it. That thread disappeared completely. Why does one thread have info blocked out while the other thread is deleted?

I'm not criticizing MODs or members, but regarding the thread GP is asking about in this thread, a member just called a girl a thief with no details, I thought alerts were supposed to have more substance. The deleted thread did, but that was a provider calling out a John.
  • GP
  • 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
BB, its not that I don't feel it is a good enough answer, it is just I don't see how it applies. Maybe I am just not seeing something that is really simple. I was hoping for an explanation of how it ties in with that rule. It feels like you are being evasive on purpose. It just doesn't make sense. If you just took a few minutes to try and bring me and everyone else up to speed, then I'm sure we could put it to rest. You just saying I was told this and copying a rule looks like you put about 5 seconds of effort into this. I think we all deserve at least 10 seconds LOL.

If this was the answer you were given from someone "higher up", then perhaps you could ask them to take a look at this. I am not trying to make you to step on anyone's toes.
There was an alert the other day with a dude's name in it. That thread disappeared completely. Why does one thread have info blocked out while the other thread is deleted?

I'm not criticizing MODs or members, but regarding the thread GP is asking about in this thread, a member just called a girl a thief with no details, I thought alerts were supposed to have more substance. The deleted thread did, but that was a provider calling out a John. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Either you are mistaken or you mis-spoke. I assume you are talking about this thread, and it was not removed:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=597244

It WAS heavily edited.... more than once, actually. But that was because it contained info that could have been easily used to identify the person discussed. It was not deleted.

Regarding the "thief" thread.... in this case, since the girl is not a member nor an established, well-known provider, a bit more leeway is allowed. Had this been an accusation about a member or verified provider, it probably would have been scrutinized more carefully, maybe "quarantined" until corroborating information was provided.

This is a confusing area, and tough to call sometimes. We want to protect members, yet everyone deserves privacy in their "real life"..... even if not a member here.

I will speak with the other Mods and try to clarify some of these concerns. I know that our actions regarding these issues are not always consistent. This is a difficult area, and maybe we overthink this at times. But better that than cause someone some undeserved grief in their private life. More to come....
  • GP
  • 11-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Thank you rooster. Your efforts as well as those of the other mods are appreciated.
Thanks as well.

FYI, the thread you linked above is not the one I think went missing. A verified provider issued an alert, Monday or Tuesday this past week, about a shady client using a name in reference to a Facebook profile. It was in Upstate NY alerts and is no longer.

I understand your answer on the details of an alert. I'd just like more from members because the 'how' can be as useful as the 'who' in terms of protecting oneself.

I have no need for you to spend any more time on this. Thanks again.
johnny..i handled that and put it where it should have gone..it hasnt been removed..just re-placed in the correct place..hbf..nita..
dang you sis. you know I love popcorn
  • GP
  • 11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Uh oh! Anita flexing her mod muscles outside the ladies room. LOL Didn't you get spanked once before for doing that? Can you get a video this time please!!!!!
Sorry GP but I'm still waiting for that pleasure

DD
Can't get premium access without contact info...ugh
gp..im sure i did..get spanked..i get spanked so much i tend to forget which spanking is for what action..heheheheh