How is Ciudad Mexico now?

How is tourism there now? Is there a mask mandate? I also plan to visit the historic sites, museums, pyramids, etc.

I mostly want to know how strict things will be. I don't mind temperature checks but I don't want to go anywhere that has mask mandates or testing stations.
Keep in mind you have to test negative 3 days before returning to the U.S. My friend, who is vaccinated, tested positive for COVID and got stuck and extra ~10 days in CDMX. His sister and mother there all were vaccinated and all caught it.
TravelerX has excellent advice, you can get stuck and have to pay for the quarantine hotel and recurring covid testing.
If you cross the border then fly domestically to CDMX no covid tests needed.
Cross the border on foot then fly out of the border town? Do people returning by foot still need to provide a test?

TravelerX, I appreciate the info. I cant help but think the variants are related to the vaccines. Lots of vaxxed people still get it. They shed and infect others. Almost all of the people I know that had it since Feb/Mar were either vaxxed or lived w someone who was recently vaxxed. So, yeah, i think people are going to keep getting it.
I run a risk staying at home too, though, I would rather quarantine in my home.
So, assuming I feel running the risk of doing a 2 week quarantine in CDMX is worth the vacation:
How is tourism there now? Is there a mask mandate? I also plan to visit the historic sites, museums, pyramids, etc.

I mostly want to know how strict things will be. I don't mind temperature checks but I don't want to go anywhere that has mask mandates or testing stations.
What about public transportation? Uber/taxi/tour group?
Any in
I know many aren't wearing masks and they are in their 3rd wave right now. I'm not sure where masks might or might not be mandated. I haven't been there since the pandemic, but speak to folks living there every day. I'm waiting for the test requirement to end before I go back. I don't want to risk getting stuck there for a prolonged time. Crossing border by foot and then flying might work if that sort of thing is convenient for you. I'm sure tourism is down in CDMX still.
Thanks. Foot crossing is an option for me. Last I read, there is still a mask mandate in CDMX. Just wondered if it was enforced. I see current videos of Cancer (Quintana Roo also has a mask mandate.) But only about 50% of the people seem to abide by it at night. More wear masks in the day but no one seems to care about those that dont.
  • Soy
  • 07-17-2021, 01:19 PM
I have to be there for work starting Monday. Is there a reliable way to find providers? I looked on p411 and the were only 2 listed. Would love it if she could speak some English preferably… also don’t mind paying top dollar if the provider is super classy.
The various websites in the reviews here are reliable for outcall to your hotel. Quality of service is not as good as Dallas has been (before they shut everything down). Time is different in Mexico and girls will show up 45 minutes late thinking it is no big deal. Pix are photoshopped. They may advertise, but not provide BBBJ. I've read some nice reviews of top dollar girls, but haven't tried them.
  • Soy
  • 07-18-2021, 10:10 AM
Which reviews (names) stood out the most? Thanks for your reply! So realistically it’s hard to know what you are going to get? Any suggestion of names would be so helpful. Not a lot of reviews in 2021
Soy---Check out my review from my last trip to CDMX. that agency, GA, was great to work with...They are one of the best in CDMX. I cant wait for my travel to start back up!
Keep in mind you have to test negative 3 days before returning to the U.S. Originally Posted by TravelerX
That's not exactly true at all. One can get an antigen test 1hr before your flight and you can receive results in 20 minutes. As long as you're negative, you'll have zero troubles traveling back to the states.

What IS true regarding the '3 Days' is your test is only valid up to 3 days of taking/travel.

I'm late to the party here (it being Sept) I live in CDMX and travel once a month back to the states for work. Mandates are similar to say, any blue state/city. Masks when you're in a restaurant, store, they'll take your temperature (albeit vague). Some historic sites like the pyramids require an appointment to visit.

The city is open, bring your asses down.
I should also state, it's the rainy season for at least another month so bring your umbrellas.

Restaurants are open late. The risk of covid is likely the same as anywhere else in the world so follow whatever it is you feel comfortable with.

I've had GREAT success with women here for the last 2 years. You can find them on mili, twitter, SA, SW. They are all affordable and I've found several absolute DIMES here. I don't think I'll ever go back to the states to play...EVER.
Thanks. Foot crossing is an option for me. Last I read, there is still a mask mandate in CDMX. Just wondered if it was enforced. I see current videos of Cancer (Quintana Roo also has a mask mandate.) But only about 50% of the people seem to abide by it at night. More wear masks in the day but no one seems to care about those that dont. Originally Posted by goodman0422
There are a couple of states that request you wear a mask just driving into them (San Miguel), Puebla, however, once you're in town, its about as loose as anywhere else in the states.

No one is doing testing stations at all. You will get your temp checked, you'll have your mask on when you sit down in any restaurant and of course, because you can't catch covid while sitting down, you're allowed to have your mask off. Conveniently, when leaving any restaurant, you don't have to have your mask on either.

Seriously, I've been traveling through out all of this nonsense and by no stretch has Mexico come close to say, Australia, Canada.