????

Skylar banned??? Wonder why
Skylar banned??? Wonder why Originally Posted by BONEDIGGER
The reasons for a person's ban are not to be discussed in open forums. If a mod or anyone else speculates on a person's reason for a ban, I believe it's a rule violation #9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

When a person is banned, they are informed of the reason for their ban in a PM. If anyone else discusses the reason for that ban in open forums (this happened to me and was against the rules and totally uncool), then they can be RTMd and possibly catch an infraction.

You can still reach out to her! She's just banned on ECCIE, not from being a provider!
The reasons for a person's ban are not to be discussed in open forums. If a mod or anyone else speculates on a person's reason for a ban, I believe it's a rule violation #9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

Not accurate. While it is the accepted policy not to reveal the reason why a member has been banned, there is no guideline preventing a moderator from offering an explanation in certain circumstances.

When a person is banned, they are informed of the reason for their ban in a PM. If anyone else discusses the reason for that ban in open forums (this happened to me and was against the rules and totally uncool), then they can be RTMd and possibly catch an infraction.

Also not accurate. Speculating about a member's bancation is a well honored tradition and is considered sport-like by some members and in some forums, but is not a violation of any forum guidelines.

You can still reach out to her! She's just banned on ECCIE, not from being a provider! Originally Posted by seductrix4u
That is accurate, she is available via other contact methods.
Hi Scorpio, thanks for clarifying.

Could you give an example please of where it would be considered "sport-like" to discuss a person's reason for bancation? I assumed that if a person gets a PM, telling them they are banned, that is considered a private communication between the person being banned, and the person issuing the ban. Other members can see the member is BANNED on their profile. Why does a mod, or anyone else, feel the need to chime in and pontificate about the ban, unless this banned person is a true danger to the community? For instance, if the banned person were a police informant and others needed to know about this person, I could see where that type of person would need to be banned and openly discussed, right?

For that private communication to then be shared openly in a forum--how does that not violate rule #9? It doesn't seem fair to post about the reasons for some members' bans, and not others.

Either you talk about them all, or you talk about none of them. Why the cherry picking? Curiosity killed the cat.