Hotels Google-ing Providers Numbers...

I have seen this mentioned before but would like to know what experiences anyone has had with this...

-Is it common practice for hotel managers to google the phone number of any girl who just checks into a hotel? or is it more prevelant at certain locations?

What's the purpose - ? obviously to call LE or kick them out??

Thanks...
Since when do hotel staff take it upon themselves to ask anybody, for their personal phone number?

Maybe I didn't get the memo.
I would hazard a guess that a hotel only does this with a really good reason. Mostly out of nosy boredom. I know bartenders that google anyone who uses AMEX Black Card...I can see hotel staff googling names and phone numbers out of curiosity more than anything.

If a girl is stupid enough to check into a hotel looking and acting like a hooker AND gives a phone number that's splashed all over the Internet and attached to beaver shots, etc...then she may not be welcome at a hotel. But most hotels don't care as long as you follow the rules. They make money on drinks, room service, parking...they usually don't care.

Lots of Strippers stay at Galleria area hotels while here in town working at the clubs and I've never heard of a problem...maybe it's different in a small East Texas town...or Beaumont...but working over there is perilous to say the least. Drive to Lake Charles or Shreveport, but, that's a different topic...
Since when do hotel staff take it upon themselves to ask anybody, for their personal phone number?

Maybe I didn't get the memo. Originally Posted by john353
Many of the upscale ones I've been to lately have asked...it wasn't a requirement. Last weekend, I was in New Orleans and dropped my bags at the Royal Sonesta in the early a.m. and walked around the Quarter until they called me a couple hours later on my cell to let me know my room was ready. So, it's useful (but not necessary).

Maybe I didn't get the memo. Originally Posted by john353
At check in. You travel much?
Never had them ask anything other then ID and license plate, and how do you want to pay?
Never had them ask anything other then ID and license plate, and how do you want to pay? Originally Posted by Orgasmatron
Then they don't need a phone number.
How many on here use the hotel/motel internet connection .. wifi or otherwise?
I'm on one at a Hilton right now.
  • Trey
  • 11-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Then they can see what you got to anyway
Many of the upscale ones I've been to lately have asked...it wasn't a requirement. Last weekend, I was in New Orleans and dropped my bags at the Royal Sonesta in the early a.m. and walked around the Quarter until they called me a couple hours later on my cell to let me know my room was ready. So, it's useful (but not necessary). Originally Posted by LilMynx69
That happens almost every time I go to NOLA but I'm usually getting there before checkin and no rooms are ready. I've also had some quite a few of the higher end hotels ask for my number but it's not a requirement. My number is also attached to my memberships with the different hotel chains and if I don't have my membership card that's how they look me up. So, yes, the hotels can get your number and I agree with your earlier comment, if the girl goes in looking and acting like a hooker then they may look her up just to see what she's bringing to their hotel.
At check in. You travel much? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Exactly, I'm at a Hilton right now and they definitely asked...but not in a way where they'd be suspicious if you simply declined to give it. Though, I'd just give a fake number if it was an issue.
just give them a fake number
Hotels, notels,I thought they all ask. I keep my second phone private.
TRAVELING FROM VEGAS TO ANYWHERE I ALWAYS BOOK THRU EXPEDIA AND WHEN YOU BOOK THRU THEM AND CHECK INTO A HOTEL EXPEDIA ALWAYS KEEPS YOUR INFO HIDDEN THEY USE THEIR INFO SO WHEN YOU CHECK IN ALL THE HOTEL HAS IS YOUR NAME AND EXPEDIAS ADDRESS AND # ON THE RESERVATION...NEVER HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER AND I AM ALWAYS SAFE THAT WAY..JUST MY EXPERIENCE..