contributions

Writing reviews helps both ladies and gents.Both ladies and gents can be vetted through their reviews.My questions:Is it selfish not to assist gents that don't contribute.We all take chances and risk in this hobby.Some guys are known from other boards as solid contributors but many are not.Am i wrong to not provide intel to a guy I'm not sure about.

This does not pertain to any individual. I have noticed a change from this board compared to our old.
I say if you do not feel comfortable giving info, then don't. That simple. Does not matter who is asking, I have had people contact me that cause me to step back and say "what is going on?" When that occurs I just stop communications, provider or hobbyist. Just me.
One of the girls has a sig that kinda covers this, It was the first thing I thought of when I read your post.
Jacquie “Don’t say anything to a stranger you wouldn’t want read out loud in court.”
Key word being stranger.
But I felt your question dealt more with if the other guy had 'earned' inside info and to that its really only personal opinion.