How is business

Just curious how business is for providers with oil down so much. A couple of the girls I have talked to said it is slow.
Why is the oil down anyway. What actually caused it
Why is the oil down anyway. What actually caused it Originally Posted by 38super
Originally, the Saudis got pissed off by their opec partners and opened their faucet.
Since then, world economies, China in particular have cooled off.
Supply keeps growing and demand is shrinking.
Don't forget the "bankrupt russia" theory
i hear a lot of people complaining about business not being good....but I see no providers lowering rates or offering good specials.......
i hear a lot of people complaining about business not being good....but I see no providers lowering rates or offering good specials....... Originally Posted by explorer317
.....in public
Houston is a major energy hub. Would be really surprised if the lowered prices have not cut into the disposable income of many hobbyists, if not outright cut their jobs.
Based on the G2 I have gotten from PM's there are discounts of ~ 20% from some and more from others. Some have stuck with their pricing model. Business is slow in August.
.....in public Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
  • BDD
  • 08-19-2015, 05:52 PM
i hear a lot of people complaining about business not being good....but I see no providers lowering rates or offering good specials....... Originally Posted by explorer317
Like the Hobbyist above said .... "In Public". I have gotten some pretty sweet offers as of late. College has started for the college cuties and it's back to school time for the single moms with kiddos.

They aren't being offered in public I believe because Providers are hoping the 50 dollar an hour price increase many put up in the spring and early summer actually sticks once we get past the end of summer heat we call August in Houston.
The price increase never really stuck. I have had several PM's from well established providers for $200 and less for all you can give them.
Like the Hobbyist above said .... "In Public". I have gotten some pretty sweet offers as of late. College has started for the college cuties and it's back to school time for the single moms with kiddos.

They aren't being offered in public I believe because Providers are hoping the 50 dollar an hour price increase many put up in the spring and early summer actually sticks once we get past the end of summer heat we call August in Houston. Originally Posted by BDD
  • BDD
  • 08-20-2015, 05:13 AM
The price increase never really stuck. I have had several PM's from well established providers for $200 and less for all you can give them. Originally Posted by orwellian
At least partially true. I have received several offers at "grandfathered" rates this summer, with open offers to come back and play at the "grandfathered" rate again after going in for the 1st time. Published rates aren't holding across the board.
Braggarts...LOL
Why is the oil down anyway. What actually caused it Originally Posted by 38super
Insightful article on the subject in today's paper here. (Oil Prices: What’s Behind the Drop? Simple Economics)

Interesting...i dont work in the oil field but they have started cutting at my job supposedly due to this and coal not being produced or exported or refined or all of the above. Alot of conspiracy theorists have said its fixing to get worse than it was in 2009 but who knows...my brother in law works construction and they havent missed a beat but maybe the domino effect hasnt gotten to them yet
Insightful article on the subject in today's paper here. (Oil Prices: What’s Behind the Drop? Simple Economics)

Originally Posted by Island_Gent
Thanks

I summed that up in laymens terms a few posts ago.