Ugh! No PM notifications AGAIN.

Its sporadic, just like before. Frustrating!
  • katee
  • 06-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Its sporadic, just like before. Frustrating! Originally Posted by Nicolet
It happens to me quite often... Therefore I just have to check daily to see if I have any PM's... Frustrating!
Wait, they have PM's here? Who woulda thunk?

LOL
Its sporadic, just like before. Frustrating! Originally Posted by Nicolet
You're using Yahoo, several reports are coming in lately of problems with them delivering eccie.net email notifications.

It happens to me quite often... Therefore I just have to check daily to see if I have any PM's... Frustrating! Originally Posted by katee
You're using Gmail, so far so good with them. Are you checking your spam folder? Lots of our system mail is being directed there, even after adding it to the clear list. You may need to set up a filter that allows websupport@eccie.net mail through to your inbox. Thats what I've done and it works great.
Thanks Chica. I never had an issue receiving my notifications until recently. Grrrrrr..... not a fan of gmail.
not using yahoo, gmail yes; no notifications until I login all week
I'm using gmail, and I'm not getting notifications. Not even in my spam folder. Very frustrating.
Same here no notifications here either today and maybe yesterday.
I'm using gmail, and I'm not getting notifications. Not even in my spam folder. Very frustrating. Originally Posted by Hélène Stone
I agree no email notifications in spam or inbox.. It's been going on for 6months months. Only get two or three notifications a month from eccie
  • Mokoa
  • 07-31-2015, 11:13 PM
In your User CP, under Edit Options, there is the following...

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Do you all have that option checked?
Yes
I was just about to start a thread about this. Glad it's a known issue already.

Why is yahoo specifically not sending emails for eccie email notifications? It's not that yahoo isn't sending emails for eccie pms, it's that it seems that yahoo isn't receiving eccie pm notifications. Are they blocking the site or something?
Yahoo does not block any messages unless you have configured a filter for it. The best solution I can think of for your issue would be to try something like http://www.33mail.com/ or a similar site (search: free email forwarding/aliases or disposable email addresses). You could then configure this to forward to multiple addresses, say one hotmail and one yahoo, and use this to cross verify the emails you are receiving.

I haven't really looked into the 33mail one, so I'm not sure if it is anonymous email forwarding or not, but I do know there are places that will do it fully anonymously, I just cant seem to recall them at the moment. But at the very least it would double your chance of receiving your notifications, so it couldn't hurt.

If you give it a try, let us know how it goes/which site you decided on using as I'm sure there's others interested in the same kind of thing.

LOL, I'm suddenly tempted to write an app that will scan your mailbox periodically and guarantee your notifications and sell it for a couple bucks. Only problem is you'd have to give up your login info to the program, and I don't think there's too many ladies that would be willing to do that. Or, maybe i could do a web based version that runs off of the same webservers the ladies use for their websites, then you don't have to give up our info at all.. hmmmmm..
Still happens. Some days I get all my notifications, other days, its hit or miss.
Gmail seems to be getting very picky on what messages get delivered to you (and me) and what disappear into cyberspace. Its frustrating and the only answer I know of is to create a filter. Google that and there are 100's of demos out there on doing so.