Follow the money....

60 million plus Americans have not had any vaccine shots. Depending on your source for information, a dose of vaccine costs between $15 and $30. We're almost up to four doses required so...60,000,000 times $22 (we'll split in the middle) times four equals...(drum roll) $5.25 BILLION for the drug companies involved and their evil henchmen like Fauci. That's a lot of money and that's only the US market.
5 billion is peanut crumbs in an almost $23 trillion economy.
You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. You're not even trying anymore. We're not talking about the ECONOMY, we're talking about one, two, or three pharmaceutical companies. A single billion is a lot of money.
60 million plus Americans have not had any vaccine shots. Depending on your source for information, a dose of vaccine costs between $15 and $30. We're almost up to four doses required so...60,000,000 times $22 (we'll split in the middle) times four equals...(drum roll) $5.25 BILLION for the drug companies involved and their evil henchmen like Fauci. That's a lot of money and that's only the US market. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Thank God for that. Why do you think a third of my money is invested in PFE and MRNA right now? It sure the fuck didn't end up invested there by accident. LOL

Most is in Moderna and not Pfizer. Moderna's stock price has been kind of disappointing lately, but I can't complain. I've already paid myself back for what I invested and gave myself my Black Friday bonus. Now it's just pure gravy for me and I like my gravy.
I wonder what “Joey Bribes” cut is?
You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. You're not even trying anymore. We're not talking about the ECONOMY, we're talking about one, two, or three pharmaceutical companies. A single billion is a lot of money. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
A billion is shit...in the grand scheme of things. Your hate for a 50 year infectious disease professional is dumb as fuck. You have no proof there is anything nefarious going on. More stupid trumptard misinformation is at work.
Sometimes the stupid is strong with ECCIE Economists.

Pfizer’s revenue since 2010 averages about 50 billion a year. 2021 will be about 70 so banner year but not surprising since they are producing one very needed drug for a lot of the world. The conspiratists believe all this is designed to make Pfizer 20B more dollars in revenue. Which by the way doesn’t translate to 20B in profit. Considering they are a 330B company, this is all chump change in the big scheme of things. .

2021 will likely be 70 so
2020 revenue was 46B
2019 revenue 48
2018 51
2017 50
2016 52B
NM, you're wasting your time posting facts with these old stuck in their ways Trumpsters. It's just going to fall on deaf ears. You might as well just go talk to yourself because they're not going to listen. They don't care about facts. You have to be on Fox for that to them. Their minds are already made up so they may hear you, but they are certainly not listening to you if you don't share and agree with their distorted political views.
The OP has no perspective at all. Just another Trump lover.
Barley,
Yes the gov has funded large amounts into few vaccine creators for product. Good for capitalism/capitalists. And, it's keeping folks out of hospitals.

Lucas,
I've started moving out of med-chem and back into large IT. IJS
Lucas,
I've started moving out of med-chem and back into large IT. IJS Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I hear you, man but I already have a lot invested in an IT ETF. I don't want to invest more in that industry. That ETF has been a long-term hold.

I have no intention of keeping MRNA and PFE much longer. I don't even like owning stocks. I bought them only for the short term. I won't keep them much longer. I've made my money back and much more. I'm not going to be greedy and try my luck with them too long.
  • Tiny
  • 12-31-2021, 08:40 AM
60 million plus Americans have not had any vaccine shots. Depending on your source for information, a dose of vaccine costs between $15 and $30. We're almost up to four doses required so...60,000,000 times $22 (we'll split in the middle) times four equals...(drum roll) $5.25 BILLION for the drug companies involved and their evil henchmen like Fauci. That's a lot of money and that's only the US market. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Compare to

Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020 $8.3 billion

Families First Coronavirus Response Act $225 billion

CARES Act $2.2 trillion

Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act $483 billion

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 $920 billion

American Rescue Plan, 2021 $1.9 trillion

That's 5.7 trillion spent on COVID relief. Your 5.25 billion is 1/10 of 1% of that amount.

Without the vaccines our hospitals would have been more overloaded, more people would have died, our politicians would have handed out more money, and they would have imposed more lockdowns and more restrictions on business which would have prevented more people from making a living.

The benefits of the vaccines far, far exceeded their cost. And if the drug companies show a decent profit, that's a small price to pay so that they had the incentive to come up with the COVID vaccines. And so they'll have the incentive to do the research to come up with new vaccines in the future.
A billion is shit...in the grand scheme of things. Your hate for a 50 year infectious disease professional is dumb as fuck. You have no proof there is anything nefarious going on. More stupid trumptard misinformation is at work. Originally Posted by royamcr
Spoken like a true progressive; spend, spend, spend...
As for the Elf on the Shelf, Fauci's track record as a "infectious disease professional" is one of failure after failure and now we hear lie after lie. He failed on HIV. He failed on SARS. He is failing now and people are dying.

I did notice that all of you got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I didn't know you guys were like that.
I don't make any judgement about right or wrong (other than Tyrian Fauci) with the money. I'm making a simple statement and, yes, a lot of money is being spent by the government on so many other things. Someone has the motivation to keeps things going and it's not Trump, republicans, or Americans. Billions on the line and, like our own resident Lucas McCain, would rather see people suffer and die than lose money. I guess that's what separates people like me and him. He can see his profit and I see the mission. I conclude the mission and, yep, I may be out of work until the next mission. It's the military way. Old McCain, all he sees is the profit he can make. Why end the mission when there is still money to be made.

A decision is coming soon.
Lucas McCain, would rather see people suffer and die than lose money. I guess that's what separates people like me and him. He can see his profit and I see the mission. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I'll take my profits over a fucking delusional mission any day of the week and you can bet that shit.

Why do you think we have so many illegals here in this country? Do think it is for a "mission" or for the fucking money. That's why I have no problem with them. It's all about the money to me too.

I've stated many time that I didn't go freeze my ass off in the Northeast for 7 years because I wanted to be there. I only did it for the money and I'm not going to apologize for that. I grew up in So Cal and Texas, why the fuck would I want to spend 7 years in snow? For a mission or for money?

You have a lot of AMP reviews. Why do you think they were there? Because they were dreaming about fucking 10 guys a day for a "mission"? Do you think they all wanted to do that? Don't be a hypocrite and try to be self-righteous with me about your damn mission on a whore board. LOL