Hotel choices

Hopefully y'all can chime in and guide me with some experience. I've found some providers that are reviewed well, here and other places, but only do out calls. Considering a lot of irrelevant information, this means I'll be getting a room if I intend to indulge. I've read some conflicting opinions in various reviews, but no definitive reasons I can discern for the preferences... Specifically, should the hotel have the room door to open air? Or should it be the type requiring you to walk by a front desk? Is it better to pick something closer to a nightlife area? Or is quieter better? Would the day of the week impact your decisions? Obviously a Friday night would be busier than a Tuesday, so is there a significant benefit to having the hotel staff busy with all the people? I'm sure these seem to be elementary questions to a lot of you, but as new to this (and paranoid) as I am, any insight will be appreciated.

Thank you
Personal preferences weigh heavily, and most of us stick to "tried and true", meaning that if it's worked for us before we keep doing it.

I prefer an interior hallway to an open-air door--much easier to tell if someone is watching.

Take a moment to study the fire escape map on the back of the door; there are frequently back exits to and from the hallways that mean you don't have to walk by a desk. Also try to note if stairway exit doors can be opened without a key and advise your date to use those doorways if possible.

I always have an overnight bag with me when I check in. Keeps you from having that "I'm just here for a fuck" look. (Not to mention its more obvious use of carrying a change of clothes, toothpaste/mouthwash, deodorant, etc.)

I try to pick an area that caters to business travelers more than tourists--near airports, office buildings, convention centers, etc.

Make your reservation in advance--less interaction with the staff makes you fade into the background. Checkin should be pretty much handing over ID and payment, saying "reservation for XXXXXX", signing the paperwork, and saying thanks. That's about it.

Looking like you fit in is more important than whether they're busy or not IMO. I like to adopt a "working stiff" attitude like I'm worn out from a day at the office. But in general, act like you've done it before; don't gawk, hesitate, or be nervous.

Friday and Saturday nights are frequently more expensive. Other than that, no preference for me on day of the week.

Hopefully y'all can chime in and guide me with some experience. I've found some providers that are reviewed well, here and other places, but only do out calls. Considering a lot of irrelevant information, this means I'll be getting a room if I intend to indulge. I've read some conflicting opinions in various reviews, but no definitive reasons I can discern for the preferences... Specifically, should the hotel have the room door to open air? Or should it be the type requiring you to walk by a front desk? Is it better to pick something closer to a nightlife area? Or is quieter better? Would the day of the week impact your decisions? Obviously a Friday night would be busier than a Tuesday, so is there a significant benefit to having the hotel staff busy with all the people? I'm sure these seem to be elementary questions to a lot of you, but as new to this (and paranoid) as I am, any insight will be appreciated.

Thank you Originally Posted by Swinglife
Thank you, Sir.
"Sir" listed all the things I consider and/or do when I tour. Blend in, plain and simple. Keep staff chit chat to a minimum, carrying "work" folders, lap top case, brief case etc goes a long way and don't draw attention to oneself. It's nice to see some gentlemen taking strides to ensure safety as well. Stay safe and enjoy the fun.
I actually enjoy chatting with staff. Be friendly, not stuck up and secretive. If you look like you're hiding something then you draw more attention to yourself than being friendly and acting like a human being
For us guys it helps when the lady after giving the room number also explain the lay out of the elevator so your not looking out of place when you walk in the lobby. I usually carry a bag with water so it looks like I'm just a guest picking up some supplies.