Where to eat in des moines

Where are there good restaurants! Besides the usual to go places!
Best gourmet burgers: Flemings or exile brewery

Pizza: I like eatery a as they ferment their dough leaving a bit of a sourdough type taste, it's very subtle

Across the street from eatery a there's the cheese bar with anything from fondue to grilled cheeses. Good selection of wine and beer as well, really friendly staff as well.

El bait shop for 200+ beers if you're into craft breweries;anything from sour beers to stouts

If you want something more elegant, I've heard some good things regarding harbinger but my experience makes me think they're pretentious, and think their palette is better than it actually is. The aposto house is great but is expensive.

What genre/setting are you looking for
Pizza: Hometown pizza in west des moines, Fongs for good but funky pizza
BBQ: Smokey D's
Burritos: Flying Burrito or Fighting Burrito is good.

Court Ave has plenty of good options. Spaghetti Works has good pasta and the best salad bar in town.
Court Ave Brewery is very good food and decent beer.

El Bait Shop has hundreds of beers and really good food from comfort food to Mexican. Nothing bad on the menu and the Bacon Wrapped Tator Tots are delicious

Buzzard Billies is Cajun inspired. The Shrimp Gabrielle is the best appetizer I've ever had.
Buzzard Billies is awesome

I luv Pizza Ranch also..yummy fried chicken

Enjoy your stay!!!
Thank you everyone! I’dk if I can get to all those places but I will have to try some thank you! To bad Dallas your not in town yet !
for BBQ - Jethro's

Angry Goldfish
1908 Draught House
Exile Brewing
are other I enjoy when in Des Moines