I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS......

THIS LABRON JAMES 1 HOUR SPECIAL IS OVER THE TOP, YEAH HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL, BUT HE CHOAKED IN THE PLAYOFFS. YOU GOING TO HAVE TO PROVIDE TWO PLANES FOR HIM TO TRAVEL, ONE FOR HIS HEAD AND THE OTHER FOR THE REST OF HIM. ESPN IS STUPID FOR EVEN DOING THIS, THEY LOST POINTS IN MY BOOK.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY CAP LOCK IS STUCK
I agree it is completely over the top. But....he did not choke in playoffs, simply got beat by a better team, playing their best basketball. Huge ego, no doubt but it would be hard to find a young kid(or old man) making 50 million a year and possibly the best at his profession not having a huge ego. I'm not even a big King James fan, but I do admire the competitive spirit of at least discussing with the other top free agents of joining forces to win a title...to subdue all those massive egos who are used to being the alpha male on their own team to just win...no high like winning... My final 2 cents, I hope he stays with Cavs. Cleveland is very Kansas Cityesque in their longstanding quest for a title in any sport, he is a home grown product, his legacy will be enhanced inmeasurably if he stays and wins in Cleveland.
Right now ESPN is taking crap for even airing the debacle of "King James" and his decision. He's having a party tonight in Miami, so the LE in Ohio is gonna have to protect his homes in that state. Of course, just because he's having his party in Miami does NOT mean that he's gonna play there. He might, however, have taken in the fact that 3 Celtics did unite to win a title in 2008.
Think about it for a sec, DD. If ESPN didn't say "Yes" to LBJ, then TNT would have, or Fox Sports, or NBA TV. It might be over the top (ESPN's SportsCenter is 3 hours long prior to the announcement - just like a pre-game show), but David Stern is smiling brightly. The NBA promotions department could have taken the last three weeks off - this free-agent period has pushed the NBA to the forefront during the MLB regular season and the prelude to NFL training camps. Granted, the proceeds from ads sold during this 1 hour special are going to the Boys and Girls Clubs, but that's to attempt to dispel the criticism that this is generating.

All-in-all though, I'm going to watch. Primarily because there's nothing else on worth watching...
Agreed, when was last time NBA got media coverage this time of year. Stern is loving it, so are the folks in Bristol, the world wide leader...lol
So anyone going to the heat game that is going to be in KC agaisnt okc?? Its in Oct and thats football season so I wont be going I dont do basketball and Im sick of all the talk bout it... And any one wanna bet on who Lebron's mom is going to be screwing this year down in Miami lol
So anyone going to the heat game that is going to be in KC agaisnt okc?? Its in Oct and thats football season so I wont be going I dont do basketball and Im sick of all the talk bout it... And any one wanna bet on who Lebron's mom is going to be screwing this year down in Miami lol Originally Posted by Thequeen

Awww common mama just trying to get hers, she just trying to get a little sumptn sumptn (misspelled on purpose).
hahaha Im not mad at momma lol She will have plenty to choose from in south beach WOW...... Miami is going to be very crazy....
I don't follow sports much. Is this Dan guy in the WWF?
Yeah, I thought this was overrated too, but the stock market was reacting to James' decision. The stock market? Moving due to speculation on a basketball player? Only in America.
You all do realize that there is no state income tax in Florida. Maybe LeBron will start paying attention to who his representatives are and what they are doing.
Holy Shit Batman lol Check this out

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html Originally Posted by Thequeen
Wow! Talk about being bitter. Maybe if the Cavs had surrounded LBJ with better players that were the caliber of the supporting players on the Lakers or the Celtics he would have stayed. As it is, if I would wager a bet, the Heat will win at least 2 more championships before the Cavs smell the Eastern Conference finals, much less bring home their own championship. Dan Gilbert is tiliting at windmills.

And, like JG said, no state income tax in Florida. If he signed with the Knicks, his state tax would have been $12.34 M, Cavs - $5.69 M, Nets - $10.32 M, Heat - $0 (based on a 5 yr., $96 M contract).

Since he'll be paying a 39% federal income tax instead of a 35% FIT, this fact will help soften the blow.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...708120415.aspx
There are way too many "kings" in Miami, The lakers tried this bring in all the superstars idea and it bombed, two many egos, to many me, me, me personalities. It will be worse in Miami, as for income tax playing a role, naw, the booties and the titties, but not the money, this will last 1 or 2 years and then some of these superstars will be moved. LBJ as Fritz called him, does not have the class to ever reach the hieghts in this sport as the great ones who came before him. I would take a Johnson, Byrd, Jordan, over this dude anyday. I am sure his reality show is coming soon, and I am sure a bunch of idiots will watch it and he can join the other "class" athelets with their such as TO and Chad Johnson, yeah class............
There are way too many "kings" in Miami, The lakers tried this bring in all the superstars idea and it bombed, two many egos, to many me, me, me personalities. It will be worse in Miami, as for income tax playing a role, naw, the booties and the titties, but not the money, this will last 1 or 2 years and then some of these superstars will be moved. LBJ as Fritz called him, does not have the class to ever reach the hieghts in this sport as the great ones who came before him. I would take a Johnson, Byrd, Jordan, over this dude anyday. I am sure his reality show is coming soon, and I am sure a bunch of idiots will watch it and he can join the other "class" athelets with their such as TO and Chad Johnson, yeah class............ Originally Posted by dirty dog
I agree with you DD. LBJ wants the attention - that's all. When MJ came back, he just sent a message - "I'm back.". Magic and Bird never had that problem, as they had good teams throughout their careers. Unfortunately, this is a "watch me, see me, feel me, touch me, hear me" society (with apologies to Pete Townshend). It's too bad that more of our younger generation, in any field of endeavour, don't heed the words of Walter Payton - "act like you've been there before" - that is, be humble, deflect praise, accept criticism, thank everyone who helps/helped you achieve your goals.