Google Voice

I am think of getting a google voice number so my new fave provider can text me when she has slow days, for specials, etc

I am worried that there is a way for my SO to "find " this number if she gets suspicious, could a tech savvy PI find it? If there any way to track existence of a Google voice number if you know the primary cell number?
It's about as safe as you can get. it would take a really tech savvy PI to find you as it's virtually untraceable. Not impossible. LE needs to subpoena google and google will notify you of said subpoena.

However if your SO gets physical access to your cell phone that's using google voice then its game over. Physical access beats any security measure. At trhat point the SO or even non tech savvy PI can do all kinds of bad things...

Long story short. Google voice is virtually impossible but physical access to the phone its on is a whole other ballgame. hobby safe my friend.
So you essentially need to subpoena Google?
LE does if they want it. If I was a PI i'd just steal your phone or get access long enough to install a tracker and a keylogger. done
I have used Google Voice for years. I also have my phone password protected and an app that will take the picture of anyone trying to get past the password and email the photo to me. If the phone is lost, the app allows me to go online and wipe it clean. Just a little added security.
I have used Google Voice for years. I also have my phone password protected and an app that will take the picture of anyone trying to get past the password and email the photo to me. If the phone is lost, the app allows me to go online and wipe it clean. Just a little added security. Originally Posted by Risn2TheOccasion
You must tell us the app! This is so cool!
It called Lookout.