Continuing my quest to have guys put the name of the provider and her general location in the title of the review

Pretty self-explanatory, really.
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Why is this SUCH a sore spot? I mean, I see posts bitching about it all the time. So what if it takes a few extra clicks or keystrokes. .3 seconds to hit backspace or program a mouse button to go back a page. Any different than clicking a post that has no real entertainment value?

Not really trying to be abrasive.. I just don't get it.
Agree 100% TM!

It helps when searching for recent reviews that are not attached to Showcases.
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Wouldn't the name/email/phone numbers and all the other jazz that is IN the review come up in the search?
When you're window shopping and scrolling down each page of reviews, it helps to determine if one is a must read or not.
The whole matter could be resolved if the moderators put their foot down and refused to post the thread until all the required information was supplied.
Wouldn't all that come up via a search? To me all a review title really needs is a lady's full name.

What I can't stand are the obnoxiously obvious marketing titles with absolutely no info in them. I.e. "THE HOTTEST COCK-HUNGRY PIECE OF ASS I EVER HAD AND SHE'S CHEAP TOO". I almost expect to hear a monster truck rally announcer chime in.
Why is this SUCH a sore spot? I mean, I see posts bitching about it all the time. So what if it takes a few extra clicks or keystrokes. .3 seconds to hit backspace or program a mouse button to go back a page. Any different than clicking a post that has no real entertainment value?

Not really trying to be abrasive.. I just don't get it. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
Glad you asked....

More and more of us are using mobile devices accessing the internet through slow wifi or cellular networks. It can take awhile to load a page. Plus, if accessing over a cellular network, each page click counts against your data plan.

That's no big deal if you're only checking one or two reviews, but if you're going down the list that's a lot of page clicks.

Another reason which should matter to the women on this board: I may not click on the review of a woman who I believe based on previous research is located in, say, north Dallas, since I don't hobby there. She may have moved closer to me, and I'll never know if I don't bother to click on an ad or review that tells me about the change.

My complaint is a common one, so there must be a lot of guys who think the same. Since the main purpose of this board is to help connect provider to client, the request seems consistent with that mission.
He'll, guys don't full out all the required info now. You want them to actually put effort into being helpful????
Wouldn't all that come up via a search? To me all a review title really needs is a lady's full name. that may require multiple searches, as I may have to look for Addison, Galleria, North Dallas, Tollway and Frankford, etc., for ladies that are located in that general area

What I can't stand are the obnoxiously obvious marketing titles with absolutely no info in them. I.e. "THE HOTTEST COCK-HUNGRY PIECE OF ASS I EVER HAD AND SHE'S CHEAP TOO". I almost expect to hear a monster truck rally announcer chime in. absolutely! Those titles do not cause me to read a review. Facts regarding who they saw will. Originally Posted by Hercules
...although the fact that she is cheap may result in a few page clicks!
Worse than that are the providers who fail to understand their target market.

There are what, 700-1000 providers in the DFW area and there are many who have limited time to travel to see a provider so their "target" area is limited.

Putting keywords in your ads and keeping them updated could really make the difference between a guy finding your ad or not.

And Signature lines are NOT searchable.

Many providers fail to actually include their FULL NAME in the ad.
Or a location that is better than simply DFW. Reviews are supposed to have an area or major cross streets but not a street address so something like DNT and Frankford is so much better than just saying North Dallas. Too many think North Dallas is everything North of NW Highway!

If a guy is looking for a redhead or blonde, searching ads for that wastes a lot of time and yet having your hair color and eye color, height/weight and other things that can catch a guy's attention when he is searching via a mobil device is over looked.

And keeping that info updated in your Showcase should be at minimum a weekly task.

Providers can post 2 ads a week, one weekly and the other a Weekend.

MAKE them count!

And the lazy guys who can't at least put the name in the title should not get credit. PERIOD.

I will make a point to include location now as part of the review title.

But providers should think about location in their ad title for the guys scrolling through on mobile devices.
More and more of us are using mobile devices accessing the internet. Originally Posted by TinMan
Actually you have a point. I can't search on my cell.

But I also don't do the majority of research on my cell either. For something that important I'd rather use the PC or tablet.
The real reason is Madddog said to do it. I thought the guys were doing a pretty good job.
Just had a look at the Indy section...three out of 20 on page 1 had no name. Two others did not have the full name. Not bad but I've seen it worse.

Suggestion: ECCIE assign review duty to a few Mods...have them check Reviews only for completed info, nothing else. Let the other Mods mess with the drama.

Not enough time? Hire more Mods for this and only this. It isn't rocket science. Hovering the mouse reveals their name (and even then, it's not their full name sometimes) but you can't do that with a cell phone.
I'd rather not add to mod duties. Peer pressure and awareness should be sufficient to reach "good enough" status. Madddog made great strides in this area just by being persistent, with assistance from others, not exercising his mod powers to get his way.

I can't imagine if more guys recognize this as helpful to their brethren, they wouldn't comply with the request.