Explanation to all members of last week

Recent Board Actions.
I feel that I owe it to you, our little Eccie upstate board members, a brief explanation as to last weeks actions.
First, please realize that as mods, we do not act alone when it comes to bans or issuing points. There are many conversations amongst us that lead up to these events actually taking place.

There were several Bans last week that were made for a variety of reasons. Not the least of which included the safety of our community as a whole, The saftey of the ladies, and also involved the repeateed actions by some to constantly start or fan the drama and the rude behavior that we are trying to get away from. With each one of the Bans that took place, the members were given chances, Multiple chances, to make things right and/or to not continue thier detremental behavior.

Now are we naive enough to think that this will end the drama? No. But what this may help do is make members here treat the other members of this board with respect. To me, there is absolutely no reason why attacks on other members, moderators, staff, or the ladies, will be tolerated. We are all adults here. We can and will act with a certain degree of respect. Respect for each others opinions, Respect for each others different tastes, Respect for the privacy and safety of others, and Respect for the overall rules of the board.

I can assure you that I wish for nothing more thant the day we go back and fall behind the scenes and just do our mod duties and not have to post. We have been forced into making our voices heard by a select few people, and now they have been given vacation time. When their ban period is up, they will be welcomed back, with a clean slate, but at the same time, if their behaviour does not change, then other and longer action will most likely become necessary. In all cases, they were given repeated warnings and requests to correct some areas in thier board behavior. Unfortunatly for them, they chose to go a different way and continue to challenge the authority of the current mod stafff and staff in general, and there will be a no questions asked mentality when it comes to protecting the saftey of the ladies. I shouldnt even have to mention this... but unfortunately I do.

If any of you have any questions or issues with the job we are doing, please im or email us. as we have always said, if there is an issue you having with one of us, take it up with us privately, as you should when you have an issue with anyone on this board. Please do not air dirty laundry in teh public forums.
... Well said. We don't need no Drama Llama!

Thank you, Doc. When a member here or ther get's banned, I always consider it a private matter and it dorsnt mater to me how they fucked up. But when we lost several, I was asking for transparency. You gave it to us. Thank you.

It helps us know what kind of behavior is not gong to be tolerated and gives us a better feel of how we ought to behave.
Thanks docdave. I am somewhat surprised I am here to post this. And why I think this, only you and jack, and maybe the others mods know. As you stated "First, please realize that as mods, we do not act alone when it comes to bans or issuing points. There are many conversations amongst us that lead up to these events actually taking place."

I do feel I am guilty of a few things in all this. What and why we disagree on. So for now I want to think about it, for now, till I PM you all what I think(mods). This or next weekend.

Many things go on on other parts of the board. But Upstate NEW YORK is not like other parts of the board.

OSD

PS: Now I feel I can go back to being the silly ass with deep thoughts said with too few words in poor English.
  • Doove
  • 07-28-2010, 04:18 AM
PS: Now I feel I can go back to being the silly ass with deep thoughts said with too few words in poor English. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
When did you stop?
Docdave,

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the job you mods do here.

The board has been more positive this week, for the most part.
I have always found it is best to be a piece loving hobbyist.........there is no need to get angry over words on a message board........there is no reason for a hobbyist to take it personal.

I have also learned that there are times when it is worth the points you may receive when you stand your ground........take your punishment and move on.

It is no small thing for a Mod to give points.........he wields a double edged sword..........more than one mod has faced ridicule on the board for issuing points at the wrong moment...........it goes with the territory........it is a thankless job.
Many things go on on other parts of the board. But Upstate NEW YORK is not like other parts of the board.
... Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
The board as a whole should be run consistently and members should feel free to post in a consistent style in accordance with the rules and the overall harmony of the board in every region.

An isolationist policy is one of the things that was very wrong with ASPD. I do not think the owners of Eccie wanted that flaw in policy/behavior brought over from ASPD.
I do not think it is a policy. I think it is a more on how most relate to each other. As I read and post in other parts of the board. How we relate to each other in upstate just feels different to me. I well not say its right or wrong, just not the same. As I post in upstate the most. Others never look at other parts of the board. I like to read ratboyjam, you, adding deerhunter and most that post in Di & tux and many others. As some in upstate do injoy other parts of the board, many would not. And that why I said "Many things go on on other parts of the board. But Upstate NEW YORK is not like other parts of the board."
.. But Upstate NEW YORK is not like other parts of the board." Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

How is it different?
I do not think it is a policy. I think it is a more on how most relate to each other. As I read and post in other parts of the board. How we relate to each other in upstate just feels different to me. I well not say its right or wrong, just not the same. As I post in upstate the most. Others never look at other parts of the board. I like to read ratboyjam, you, adding deerhunter and most that post in Di & tux and many others. As some in upstate do injoy other parts of the board, many would not. And that why I said "Many things go on on other parts of the board. But Upstate NEW YORK is not like other parts of the board." Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
How is it different? Originally Posted by cpi3000
Not sure how to put it any better than I already did. Other than to say many in upstate do not injoy reading some of the threads I enjoy reading on other parts of the board. It looks as it makes them go away and not post at all if a heated thread is in upstate. And this is only MHO.

Right now I am injoying that it looks to me, that more are posting in upstate. Would rather see how it goes for now. Wait for the ones that can come back. See if they do so. And how it things workout when and if they do.

Some members from upstate that injoy debating, read and or post on the areas of the main board also. And are use to it, if it gets heated. But if a debate gets to warm here. To many run and hide. Leaving just the post-providers like myself going at it.

Wish I had a better answer for you but I do not.
  • Aguy
  • 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I haven't really looked at the main boards but I think the trouble here is that many discussions that become heated degenerate almost immediately into personal attacks on each other. When that happens I either fail to post in the first place or stop posting.
Maybe I'm spoiled by belonging to a couple of lists that just don't have flame wars on them . This is despite of them being international and members being everywhere from liberal to conservative. There is enough OT conversation that after 10 years I have a feel for what the major players' views are like.
One thing that I have noticed is that all the groups that I enjoy monitoring or participating in, have a large percentage of OT discussion and more importantly the thread wanders far from where it started. That is how normal conversation among a group of people proceeds. You start talking about one thing and 2 hours later you've been through nine topics and are starting a tenth. I know that in the last 6 months that there have been a review or two that I haven't written because by the time I had a chance to set down to write a review and get it just right more than 30 days had gone past and I decided to not bother.
  • Doove
  • 07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
How is it different? Originally Posted by cpi3000
Well, for starters, i'm beginning to think there's more drama about the drama than there is drama. Or something.
Well, for starters, i'm beginning to think there's more drama about the drama than there is drama. Or something. Originally Posted by Doove

Time to drop it
Heated debates are fine, as long as they don't turn into name calling and have personal insults towards each other. The personal insults and edging on is what we are looking to eliminate from the board.