Names...

Okay lets see if I am the only one who has had this happen. I get a message on e.com requesting to meet me next week, well the first email was addressed to another provider, but sent to my account. Another message was sent almost immediately after apologizing saying they meant me. Had a mix up, not a big deal.

I get this is a hobby to many. And when travelers are traveling to Rochester, they want to make sure that they have a date(s) lined up while visiting. So I sent a reply stating it was quit alright about the name mix up and asked for the normal references to be sent to my email.

Now gents this is where I have a problem. Not only do I sign everything xoxo Brooke, but Brooke is in my email address as well and all my handles. I get an email from this guy but the greeting was yet another DIFFERENT provider.

Obviously for this guy...strike two was end of game. But has this come up with different providers or hobbyist? It kind of reminds me of the whole name mix up in the bedroom, when you suddenly say someone else name and are "outed".
  • m2244
  • 08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
lol brooke.....I have never had someone call me a different providers name i've had either Mary or M...which alot of my regulars call me M or mar lol the y is too much of an extra mile to go i guess lol....it;s okay though Ive adapted more to Mar and M and mary then my legal name lol ...and i've never mixed up your name in the bedroom lol
haha oh darling. In the bedroom its not a problem, but simple emails where you can go back and look to make sure you have the correct providers name, isn't too much to ask for. And I hear ya, more times than not when out and about I have said my name is Brooke then like oh snap...nevermind. We still have to get together for some drinks sweetie.
  • Doove
  • 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
email was addressed to another provider, but sent to my account.......But has this come up with different providers or hobbyist? Originally Posted by BrookeButtons
Take it away, China Doll!
Hey Brooke, nice redo of your website. Love the colors. More pix, please!
Pictures are on there way. I got a few new outfits I can't wait to show off! I have a photo shoot Wednesday so keep those fingers crossed by hopefully end of next week or soon after. Plus I am talking with another professional who does stellar work. But as always I find myself better in person
  • m2244
  • 08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
brooke I know a lot of photographers from my modeling if you want me to hook you up....and yes to drinks!!!!!!!!!!!
The hobbyists should just do what the providers do...

Call everyone "hun". LOL!
I agree with you NB...ohhh reigning King of all hobbyists..the Duke of Debauchery...right "hun"?
Take it away, China Doll! Originally Posted by Doove
That I shall!

I commented in a thread some time ago about how a hobbyist had clearly copied and pasted a message meant for another provider into my message window (complete with compliments on her pictures that had no resemblance to mine) and sent it to me. He even called me "Alexandria." I told him that he and I wouldn't be meeting, but I wished him luck with Alexandria. He responded with something like, "Thanks, but she hasn't gotten back to me, so I don't think that's going to work out."

Wow. Did he really think my discovery of his mistake was so insignificant, or was he too dense to realize that I am not an omniscient goddess who would clearly have knowledge of his every move?

People also often mix me up with Christinadoll, which has led to some scary situations for me. For example, she posted a thread announcing that she was going on vacation, and more than one hobbyist asked me where I was on vacation. Well, as it so happened, I was on vacation, so this was really frightening for me! Luckily, I soon figured out that it was just a mixup.

Anyway, when I find that a guy is windowshopping in this manner, I often decline a meeting. It's one thing to select a few providers to contact to ensure that you find one to meet, but it's another to contact so many that you can't keep them straight. It's also awful to copy and paste the same message to every provider when the first message was catered to the first one! To me, that says that you don't care what you get as long as you get something, and I don't cater to that nonsense.
  • Niktu
  • 08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
To me, that says that you don't care what you get as long as you get something, and I don't cater to that nonsense. Originally Posted by China Doll
I think I'm in love, or at least tasteful lust.
Just shows that your a "keeper", Brooke. I caught your thread on that enoying cell phone client, and thought to myself, now theres a provider that cares about having a great experiance,means alot...
Well at least the slip was in an inpersonal email rather than say in "the heat of a session"...I could just imagine how fast that appointment would end if you called out another providers name while in
  • Doove
  • 08-12-2010, 04:19 AM
I could just imagine how fast that appointment would end if you called out another providers name while in Originally Posted by wlhrgfan
I doubt they'd care.
Wow China I guess you have had lots of experiences in this situation! I am glad I am not the only one who would deny a meeting. I am sure he is a nice guy, maybe even enjoyable but seems as though if he can't get proper names with handles/emails ect, I really dont need to see him. And btw everytime he replied to me, it was a different providers name! Even his last email was yet ANOTHER name, maybe he knew he struck out on 2 and just didn't care.

And buzz, to me, a meeting and an appointment is an experience. I rather have long term friends and relationships where I can remember them and they can remember me rather than each of us having another notch on our belts.