A Reason To Always Have A Hobby Phone

A short story of true events. Okay, I'm not sure how true they are, but it's a story I was told by a friend.

A friend of mine works at AT&T and while I was there to get my bill fixed (long story), she told me about a couple that came in a few years ago right when the cloud was still fairly new.

The wife came into the store complaining that she was getting naked pics from some woman. She had no idea who the woman was or why she was getting her pics. The husband hadn't made it to the store yet (he was in a separate vehicle leaving from work). My friend asked the woman if she tried calling the pic-sender and asking if she may have had the wrong number. So the woman did. The pic-sender said she was trying to reach a man named--I'm going to call him "Art". The husband's name is Art. Turns out the husband and wife had the same cloud account and all the pics were going to her phone.

So the wife asks, "How do you know Art?"
"Oh we work together," said the pic-sender.

The wife puts the pic-sender on Facetime as "Art" is walking into the store and asks, "Is this Art?"

The pic-sender confirmed. Once "Art" made it to the table--still unaware of anything being wrong--the wife went off in front of everyone.

My friend said the next time she saw "Art", his pretty BMW was gone and so was his wife. I'm sure the side chick checked out as well. The wife now drives a better car than "Art", doesn't have to work much for a living, and is living in a great house.

Moral of the story:
Hobby phones are cheaper than divorce. Not only will it save you from being stalked on social media, it may save you from throwing away a 24-year marriage.
I NEVER save anything to the cloud. I go through and change all the settings asap. Not just because of my husband but because of other, younger, family members. When we get new phones and log them into ITunes for some reason it connects them all. I get their texts and other things. Well he and I upgraded our Iphones a few yrs ago and for whatever reason it put all my apps on his phone...and logged him into them. He saw messages and a pic I had sent someone through Kik. I have NO idea how that happened. Other family members have installed new apps on their phones, only to have it automatically log into a sibling's acct.
It is probably best if your hobby phone has its own individual iTunes account and login. No comingling of apps or pictures. Because of my job I have 2 phones and they are both independent of each other.
Great post about the importance of a hobby phone, Danielle!

If the rat bastard doesn't care enough about his marriage to keep it in his pants, the very least he can do is be discreet.
It is probably best if your hobby phone has its own individual iTunes account and login. No comingling of apps or pictures. Because of my job I have 2 phones and they are both independent of each other. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
Great post about the importance of a hobby phone, Danielle!

If the rat bastard doesn't care enough about his marriage to keep it in his pants, the very least he can do is be discreet. Originally Posted by Vannah
Right, if you’re going to cheat at least be smart about it.

I sort of want to work at AT&T to hear all the cheating stories
Right, if you’re going to cheat at least be smart about it.

I sort of want to work at AT&T to hear all the cheating stories Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
I bet AT&T employees could write an entire book!

And it's also important for hobbyists to understand why such a lack of discretion could upset a provider. All it takes is for a vindictive wife to go through his phone, find exactly what she's looking for, and end up harassing the providers he has seen. It's a headache that none of us ladies need, and it can be easily avoided by just using your brain.
...And it's also important for hobbyists to understand why such a lack of discretion could upset a provider. All it takes is for a vindictive wife to go through his phone, find exactly what she's looking for, and end up harassing the providers he has seen. It's a headache that none of us ladies need, and it can be easily avoided by just using your brain. Originally Posted by Vannah
Agreed! That happens to me all the time. I just had someone's wife texting me not even three weeks ago.

I don't acknowledge any of their questions, I just block them. But it's a little scary... I can't help but wonder how far they may be willing to take it. I know it definitely stops me from ever seeing that hobbyist again!
Luckily I’ve never had that issue. If some wife wants to call me I’ll hang up on the drama. No need to entertain the bullshit. She can’t do anything to me but annoy me.

But yeah I have a lot of stories my AT&T friend told me about husbands getting caught because they didn’t bother to buy a Go-Phone or whatever. And it’s always with a coworker. Don’t play where you work. Even if you took the extra steps to be safe, fucking a coworker is a risk in itself.

To each their own I suppose.