WQED program

I was channel surfing a few nights ago and came across a program on WQED about human trafficking and prostitution in pittsburgh.

It was actually pretty interesting as they showed the vice detectives and some of the hot spots for SW which explains why we don see many of them. They also showed the vice surfing the net for ads mainly on backpage but did have a quick show of indys too.

It was unique to watch and not too many people watch WQED so I'm sure not much will come of it unless Rick Seback makes his next "things that aren't there anymore" and features the AMP's moon or route 30 LOL.

Better yet instead of kennywood memories do a hobbying memories... Shit I'd pay $50 donation to the station, get a beach towel and coupon to Metro.
  • Knute
  • 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I was also channel surfing and ran across it. I missed the first part but I agree that it was pretty interesting. I saw the Backpage ads and the part about the truckstops on I-70 and I-79.

The part about the non-sex trafficking was also interesting.
heres a link, its on their site
http://www.wqed.org/tv/watch/?id=885&page=0
Fuckin pimps
Gee the one I saw was on a cable news station and featured Houston and San Francisco AMPS
They touched on a few other places but spent most of their time in those two towns. In SF they were using the Health Department to help crack down on trafficking. They did "inspections" and looked for signs of trafficking.
One of the AMPS had a small room hidden in the back with beds, a sort of eat in kitchen and bathroom where the girls were supposedly living. They fined the owners and when they went back the beds and kitchen were gone......
WQED has some pretty good shows. Brit Floyd from Red Rock CO was just on too. They're promoting the concerts in March at the Benedum. I've been a member for years supporting them
I'd love to get a copy of their "Ghosts Of Pittsburgh" DVD.

I have things that aren't there anymore......
  • BSer
  • 01-28-2014, 05:50 PM
do truck stops have landlines?
Ghosts of Pgh!!
SM and all goggle this story:
Haunting in Indiana leads to family’s exorcism, child’s levitation: Reports

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2rkf0Jy1X
Anybody need some of my Holy Water?
heres a link, its on their site
http://www.wqed.org/tv/watch/?id=885&page=0 Originally Posted by dbloh7
I clicked on the link you posted and found it very ironic to find at the bottom of the program description the statement: "more info and extras"... WTF - LOL

SPECIALS
Human Trafficking: Pittsburgh Fights Back

January 23, 2014

Human trafficking is modern-day slavery. People used for labor or forced to sell sex. Learn how to fight human trafficking in our area and help survivors. If you suspect human trafficking, report it at: Pittsburgh FBI Trafficking Hotline 412-432-4122 National Human Trafficking Resource Center -- Call 1-888-373-7888 or text BeFree (233733
more info and extras