Newbie, standing by.

Hi! Very new to the hobby. Considered it once quite some time ago, but the lady I was with... was rather lackluster and I don't believe either of us had as good of a time as we could have perhaps. May I have a bit of advice from the more experienced? I would like to start off the right way with women who don't mind men with no real references. From the amount of lurking I've done thus far, the type of girl I'm aiming for definitely needs references to feel safe and secure.

I am an African American male, and it is completely understandable that someone may not feel entirely comfortable or not wish to provide the same level of service because of that. What do you think a good way to clear that up would be without being too blunt/disrespectful?
Hello and welcome. Always glad to see new people on the boards. I would suggest by researching a few provider you wish to see. You might start with some newbie friendly providers first who will provide you with some references. You might also want to open up a P411 account as it helps the ladies verify you. Stay clear of the ads that list no AA as you would be a lot happier with someone who does not discriminate. I would also recommend you build up a board presence so the people especially the ladies can become familiar with you. Good luck and happy hobbying.
What rrabbit said-- good advice.