URGENT cell phone question

I was just texting a client, and he said my number and another number popped up. He tried to call me but he didn't answer. Then he sent a message saying his call was forwarded to another number.

What do I do?
Roxie, what you typed makes no sense. If you're texting someone, how can they say your number? Another number popped up? Where? If he called you, how can he not answer?

Slow down and describe what happened.
I 2nd that
I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. IT WAS SO STRANGE TO READ YOURS Its hard to explain but when it happens to you you will get it;.... sucks....

Kisses & Cuddles,
Alexxxiana
While I'm not quite sure what you mean by the sms issue, call forwarding is easy to fix. It just varies off cell service how to fix it. Just run a google search for how to cancel all call fowarding. That should fix that.

Seriously though, the sms (texting) thing. I don't fully understand.

I know it sounds patronizing, but slow it down and tell us what happened step by step. Did you send him a text and he claimed it showed a different number? Who started the texting? As he can apparently still send you messages, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Can he get all of your messages? Does your phone show a different number or is it just his?
I know with Verizon sometimes when a smart phone and a not smart phone get stuck in group texts strange things can happen. It sounds like this could be the problem. Usually the fix is to erase the conversations (especially the smart phone) and start fresh. Hope this helps.
Do you have a Gtalk phone #?
it is possible that the text was sent from both since it can be a slip up
it sounds like a google voice issue. Is that what you were using? If you're texting a google voice member from your google voice account I've heard sometimes your real number will show up. Not sure how true this is.
^That. Whenever texting from a google voice number [or calling] my real number always shows up.
Change your settings in your Google account to show Google number only!
I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. IT WAS SO STRANGE TO READ YOURS Its hard to explain but when it happens to you you will get it;.... sucks....

Kisses & Cuddles,
Alexxxiana Originally Posted by Alexxxiana Azul
Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one!

~~~~~~~
Thank you everyone for your responses, but we found the problem. His phone had a glitch! I was in panic mode and ready to burn my phone.

It wasn't google talk or forwarding. The number was unknown to both of us which was the scary part.

I hope this makes it clearer. For example, if he were to call my phone, in his history it would show my phone number in addition to the other number even though he only dialed mine. Same went for text messages. When he called, I would get ten seconds of silence then he'd hang up. Turns out he says he didn't hang up but thought he was forwarded to another number.
Another reason I love my Verizon!! I have NEVER ever had any issues and its untraceable to my real person.
Glad to hear it all got sorted out. I was expecting it to be on his end as you had no issues. Likely he was using a smartphone and the sms thread needed to be wiped. Other options include just that his phone (smartphone or not) just needed to be reset.

@chrissy: it may not be traceable to you, especially if you have a prepaid you bought with cash and refill with cash, but the usage info like calls, text, and internet usage is all compiled and sold to third party marketing services.