Loser Pays

With signficant majorities in the statehouse, Gov. Rick Perry is pushing for torte reform that will include a ground breaking "loser pays" approach.

For a summary read the WSJ editorial on it here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...974652860.html
Finally someone is trying to due something about these bs law suites that cost the public so much. Doubt it will pass though.
Finally someone is trying to due something about these bs law suites that cost the public so much. Doubt it will pass though. Originally Posted by Fastcars1966
Yep; as noted in the WSJ article the out of state anti-reform lobby (trial lawyers) are lining up to dump millions of dollars in a campgain to defeat the legislation.
wouldn't it be great if rick perry's hair all fell out?... now that would be funny.
LOL what a hoot, Perry bald as a freshly shaved beaver .. and i mean the real kind haha!

strange that an actually decent idea comes from the same Rick Perry that tried to push the Trans Texas corridor which would have been one of the most egregious uses of imminent domain ever seen not to mention it would have been turned over to a foreign company to run, as well as being located too far from the logical course along I35. would have cut off many rural farmers from easy access to their own land.

of course Georgie W also proposed allowing people to opt out of social security and that went over like a Led Zeppelin. do the masses know that federal employees don't have to participate in social security? In Texas state government employees don't have to participate. i have decades to go before collecting full social security yet i'm already maxed out. every penny withheld from now on for me just funds a Ponzi scam even Bernie Madoff would be envious of. Some Gen XYZ type is getting my hobby .. er investment dollar!

and don't get me started on the privately-held Fed Reserve which has never been audited since its inception. Woodrow Wilson who instituted the Fed later realized he had sold out America to the banking cartels in in 1913.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson

Federal Reserve 1913
Wilson secured passage of the Federal Reserve Act in late 1913. Wilson had tried to find a middle ground between conservative Republicans led by Senator Nelson W. Aldrich and those, especially the powerful left wing of the Democratic party led by William Jennings Bryan, who opposed all banking schemes and strenuously denounced private banks and Wall Street. The latter group wanted a government-owned central bank that could print paper money as Congress required. The compromise, based on the Aldrich Plan but sponsored by Democratic Congressmen Carter Glass and Robert Owen, allowed the private banks a certain influence over the new Federal Reserve, but appeased the populists by placing controlling interest in a central, public board. This Board of Governors included members appointed by the President and approved by Congress who would outnumber the board members selected by bankers. Moreover, Wilson convinced Bryan's supporters that because Federal Reserve notes were obligations of the government, the plan met their demands. Wilson's plan also organized the Federal Reserve system into 12 districts, a structure meant to weaken the influence of the powerful New York banks, a key demand of Bryan's allies in the South and West. This decentralization was a key factor in winning the support of Congressman Glass.[65]
The final plan passed in December 1913. Some bankers felt it gave too much control to Washington, and some reformers felt it allowed bankers to maintain too much power. Several Congressmen claimed that New York bankers feigned their disapproval.[66]
Wilson named Paul Warburg and other prominent bankers to direct the new system. While power was supposed to be decentralized, the New York branch dominated the Fed as the "first among equals".[67] The new system began operations in 1915 and played a major role in financing the Allied and American war effort.[68]

http://shadow.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/338/

Woodrow Wilson after creating the Federal Reserve said

October 26, 2006 by Dewayne Mikkelson
I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.
~ Woodrow Wilson

after the recent greedfest on Wall Street and resultant meltdown anyone think 'ol Woody wasn't right?

not to turn this into a rant of any sort ...
Wilson wasn't the first president to sell out his country, nor the last. The tale of American sellout is a multi-part adventure in "how to fuck your people over". Its a disgrace, and i'm surprised we even consider ourselves to be so great, even now when our federal government has to borrow 40 cents of every dollar is spends....while still handing out billions in "aid" to nearly every country in the world.