Are you better off today than four years ago?

• WTF
  • 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM
I sure the fluck am.

My guess is most on this board are too.
  • Dawgs
  • 08-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Not only no but hell no.
  • WTF
  • 08-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Not only no but hell no. Originally Posted by Dawgs
Sorry to hear that.

I hope you believe Mitt can help you.

According to the GOP, if you are not doing good, you need to get off your ass and work harder. It is all your fault. It is not governments job to make your life better.

SO get off your ass and vote Mitt!
  • Dawgs
  • 08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Obama and congress have tried to kill the aviation industry.
It also isn't the government's job to make it more difficult for us to make our lives better.

According to the GOP, if you are not doing good, you need to get off your ass and work harder. It is all your fault. It is not governments job to make your life better. ,,,
Originally Posted by WTF
I am doing great but I am in Austin where the jobs are plentiful.
  • Dawgs
  • 08-31-2012, 07:46 AM
It also isn't the government's job to make it more difficult for us to make our lives better. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
True, but the government shouldn't make it more difficult either.
  • WTF
  • 08-31-2012, 08:24 AM
It also isn't the government's job to make it more difficult for us to make our lives better. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I'd like to see where Paul Ryan would be today without government assistance. His mother too. They both received government assistance after his father died. I would have loved to see them sent to the projects and see how it turned out!

In fact Paul Ryan has been on the taxpayers dole sine college. Without government, he wouldn't have a job.

True, but the government shouldn't make it more difficult either. Originally Posted by Dawgs
That is wtf Whirly said, keep up Dawgs, Whirly is a fast one!
  • Dawgs
  • 08-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Guess I am a little off game this morning, time for more coffee.
Yes, I am.

Our business is rather immune to the whims of polititians.
Are you arguing for less government? If so, sign me up.

I'd like to see where Paul Ryan would be today without government assistance. His mother too. They both received government assistance after his father died. I would have loved to see them sent to the projects and see how it turned out!

In fact Paul Ryan has been on the taxpayers dole sine college. Without government, he wouldn't have a job.

That is wtf Whirly said, keep up Dawgs, Whirly is a fast one! Originally Posted by WTF
  • KCJoe
  • 08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
My savings have improved, but the return on investment hasn't.

My real estate is probably worth much less than my investment, but I'm not planning on selling anytime soon.
Even if your better off; most know people who aren't.

THAT'S no lie!

Revenues are down slightly in one business. My building business is solely dependent on the banking industry so it's non-existent. I made a commitment to get out from underneath interim financing needs. I have the cash to build a house in cash, but mortgages are few and far between in the lower middle class so "build it and they will come" doesn't seem to be a good business strategy.

My net worth is also slightly down. What I have in gold is up - obviously, but all my rental properties are way down. All in all, I had more money, better revenue and little or no worries about economic woes during the Clinton administration. Bush turned the sunny economic future to short-term woes and Obama has extended that that time line out into the long-term future.
Yes, I'm a lot better off than 4 years ago.

Best thing that happened was losing my job in El Paso early last year, moving back to California, and with help from Texas Unemployment Money, building my own capital that I didn't have to report to the Texas Workforce Commission.

Thank you Texas for the $35K that you helped me with and that I actually didn't need at all. But for sure it helped for the life style I wanted.

I'm sure Joe Blow and WW are proud of me!!

I'm almost like a real greedy American now.