Questions for guys and ladies

I was texting a buddy today that I meet here, and it got me thinking. How many people meet people here and actually grow into a friendship? I have meet a few that I'm pretty close too.

I even met and become friends with a provider we hung out I would help her with yardwork/handyman time stuff and she would sometimes reward me even tho i never required it. Now we don't meet BCD anymore but i can say we are still very close and are a part of each others "real lifes"

So do or would you make a friend from the hobby world? and if so would they be a part of your real life?
There are quite a few folks that I have met here that I have developed friendships with. Some are very strong friendships, with both male and female members, that I call or text on a regular basis.

I think that having a "secret" between between us may make it easier to relax and let our true selves out.
So do or would you make a friend from the hobby world? and if so would they be a part of your real life?
Absolutely!! Although some people may have strong opinions that hobbyists and providers should keep their lives seperate...I have been very fortunate to have met and made some truly good friends here. One has to know how to be a good friend...in order to be blessed...to gain a true friend.
I've cultivated several really good friendships with both female and males, from this sandbox that we call the hobby.
While we share a mutual interest in the hobby, a lot of times it extends even further into other aspects of our lives, a lot of them, personal;
be they other hobbies, casual social functions, to conducting real-world business.

One of the 'golden rules' in the thing of ours is that the two worlds, (hobby/civilian), are never supposed to meet or cross paths.
I largely agree, it's best that they don't. However, as with most things in life,
there are always exceptions. It's only after the friendship develops and a mutual trust is built that I ever allow that to happen.

But to answer the question, yes. I'm fortunate to have built some really strong and rewarding friendships here in this little ol' sandbox that we call the hobby, and for me, the reward has vastly surpassed whatever risk was involved.

SKF, Sandboxes are really good for.................cat poop. (lol)
Which is why I enjoy playing in it so much. The prizes!

(smartazz! )

You see...this is the beauty of hobby friends!! You can feel free enough to tell everyone in the whole wide world...you enjoy cat poop...and no one thinks you're weird!
You see...this is the beauty of hobby friends!! You can feel free enough to tell everyone in the whole wide world...you enjoy cat poop...and no one thinks you're weird, because cat poop pales in comparison to all of that other freaky shit you do.... which is exactly what confirms their beliefs that you're weird Originally Posted by Likinikki
Fixed that for ya', nikster

Haha...well, I do my best!!
  • Laz
  • 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes. I have the advantage of not having an SO to consider so friendships are something I enjoy.
For me it was the other way around. I came here looking for friends, and got pulled into the hobby. I thought this was a forum for basketweaving.
Absolutely!! Although some people may have strong opinions that hobbyists and providers should keep their lives seperate...I have been very fortunate to have met and made some truly good friends here. One has to know how to be a good friend...in order to be blessed...to gain a true friend. Originally Posted by Likinikki

I agree
I doubt if I would make friends with another hobbyist. I prefer to fly solo. I have developed a friendship with a provider. I just wish she lived in SA. I'm on very good terms with another but I wouldn't say it's a friendship.
Well...Activities aside, we are all human. If you see someone regularly, it's hard NOT to become fond of them and be friends. No?
Agreed Gentleman.