For Those Who Think Trump Didn't Act Quickly Enough During The COVID-19 Pandemic...

...what do you think he should have done, and when?

Here is a list of actions in a timeline being claimed by POTUS for reference...

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/t...he-coronavirus
  • oeb11
  • 04-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Good reason you did not reproduce the list - too long even for me!
A good rebuttal to the DPST propaganda that "Trump did nothing"- which i see and hear a fair amount!
Good reason you did not reproduce the list - too long even for me!
A good rebuttal to the DPST propaganda that "Trump did nothing"- which i see and hear a fair amount! Originally Posted by oeb11
Yep. Was visiting with a friend a few days ago. Out of work due to COVID-19. Hasn't gotten his stimulus check. In danger of losing his home, if these shelter in place orders go on much longer (won't have enough money to pay back mortgage even with forbearance to give him time). Listens to NPR and MSNBC for all of his news (and opinions). First words out of his mouth about all of this.

"Trump could have prevented all of this by acting sooner."

I was in the man's home, and I saw him hurting. I don't feel comfortable challenging him on that opinion, in his own home. Thought it was just a one-off opinion at this point. Then, I saw Pew Research publish these survey results on Trump's handling of the pandemic...

https://www.people-press.org/2020/04...navirus-threat

Still, no rationale as to why they think he was slow and what he should have done. Now, I am legitimately curious. Is this just the parroting of an opinion given to them, or are they seeing something pro-Trump people aren't? BTW, I think Trump should have shut down travel from China a few weeks sooner than he did. That is the only thing I think he could have done sooner/better given the timeline of events and the (mis)information (still) coming out in real-time.
Awk! Polly want a reason to bitch.
he should have shut down travel to/from china earlier.

airlines were already doing it during the 1st 2 weeks of janurary. so they mitigated some of the impact of the virus.

cdc was running that part of the show. he could have ignored them when it was obvious there was a china flu problem.
Well hopefully he can get back to work soon

I would hate anyone to lose their home especially a person that wants to work that is just so sad
Good list on the timeline

And did your friend not qualify for the fast track unemployment and extra $600 per week?
Good list on the timeline

And did your friend not qualify for the fast track unemployment and extra $600 per week? Originally Posted by eccielover
He is a hair stylist working for himself. He owes taxes for year 2019, so didn't file those yet, but did file 2018 electronically last year, so they have his direct deposit info on file. Not sure if he looked at any state benefits yet. His wife also just lost her job a little over a month ago (unrelated to COVID-19). They have a little kid, too. Sucks.
Unfortunately I think it's a little harder to get unemployment if you're self-employed if you can get it at all

A lot of hair stylist are being Mobile and traveling right now with limited clientele
he should have shut down travel to/from china earlier.

airlines were already doing it during the 1st 2 weeks of janurary. so they mitigated some of the impact of the virus.

cdc was running that part of the show. he could have ignored them when it was obvious there was a china flu problem. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I noticed the Right-Wingers ignored this post. you are absolutely right.. and he should have shut down Europe faster. when he did, he gave 2 days notice, and Terminal D at DFW Airport was sardine-packed with people who fled Europe during those 2 days. great job mitigating the virus spreading!

also, Trump thought he could relax after banning China flights.. look at all the clips of him saying we have it under control, China did a great job stopping the virus, etc.. Fucker didn't have a Clue.
I noticed the Right-Wingers ignored this post. you are absolutely right.. and he should have shut down Europe faster. when he did, he gave 2 days notice, and Terminal D at DFW Airport was sardine-packed with people who fled Europe during those 2 days. great job mitigating the virus spreading!

also, Trump thought he could relax after banning China flights.. look at all the clips of him saying we have it under control, China did a great job stopping the virus, etc.. Fucker didn't have a Clue. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
He shut it down before most countries did and was called a racist. The W.H. O. Objected yeah? Cuomo and Diblasio said NYers should go to bars and restaurant s in March. Yada yada. How about the ChiComs lying? Nah, they didn’t cover up. This is their third pandemic.
He shut it down before most countries did and was called a racist. The W.H. O. Objected yeah? Cuomo and Diblasio said NYers should go to bars and restaurant s in March. Yada yada. How about the ChiComs lying? Nah, they didn’t cover up. This is their third pandemic. Originally Posted by bambino
is that all you got?

you can't bring yourself to say a thing bad about Trump.. the best you can do is say others were also irresponsible.
is that all you got?

you can't bring yourself to say a thing bad about Trump.. the best you can do is say others were also irresponsible. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I got more, why did the ChiComs shut down domestic travel to Wuhan but let International travel go freely to and from Wuhan? Answer that Tran, don’t obfuscate. Just answer. You can’t. This is a huge problem for the Commies in China. The bats are coming home to roost. Period.
I got more, why did the ChiComs shut down domestic travel to Wuhan but let International travel go freely to and from Wuhan? Answer that Tran, don’t obfuscate. Just answer. You can’t. This is a huge problem for the Commies in China. The bats are coming home to roost. Period. Originally Posted by bambino
I don't obfuscate.. the Chinese did this because they don't give a shit about the rest of the World. they would rather hope a problem doesn't fester, than admit they did something wrong.
I don't obfuscate.. the Chinese did this because they don't give a shit about the rest of the World. they would rather hope a problem doesn't fester, than admit they did something wrong. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
So, you’re admitting this fiasco is China’s fault. I’m shocked that you admitted it.