Soot removal ? What the hell to use

Ok ...sooooo I had a house fire .. Yes ! My beautiful daughter had a grease fire in the kitchen ...Panicked...7 months pregnant ( YES IM GONNA BE A GILF) and threw water on it.. Needless to say it spread , thank God shes ok but I now have soot all over.. I have managed to clean moat of it but its still pretty grey.. Any suggestions on what to use to get it ALL off.
Servicepro if you have one near you or Service Master they can restore it like new. You may be able to call and just ask them the best way to remove it. They should be the answer to your question sweetie. Im glad you and your family are safe. Good luck, let us know.
How to Remove Black Smoke From Plaster Walls
Soot from a fireplace, burning candles or a fire can leave black smoke stains on your plaster walls. Since soot is oily, it clings to surfaces and can smear or spread when it's cleaned with water or other cleaning products. For easier removal, dry-cleaning methods should be used first, followed by washing with water and white vinegar. The vinegar can remove any remaining soot from the plaster walls and neutralize the odor.

Open any windows to ventilate the area while cleaning smoke and soot stains.

Vacuum as much soot as possible from the plaster walls, using the nozzle attachment. Hold the nozzle about 1 inch from the wall to avoid smearing the soot while vacuuming.

Wipe the plaster wall with a dry-chemical sponge to remove the soot.

Fill a bucket with equal parts of white vinegar and warm water. Dip a sponge into the solution and scrub any remaining soot from the walls. Rinse the sponge in the bucket, as needed. Allow the walls to air-dry.

Things You Will Need
Rubber gloves
Vacuum with nozzle attachment
Dry-chemical sponge
Bucket
White vinegar
Sponge
Thank you so much
Just glad she's OK. That could have been a bad situation
Omg. Yes it could have been horrible. She lost her eyebrows and lashes tho.. It was so hot it melted the groceries in the cupboards above and on both sides of the stove.. Needless to say I dont think she will EVER fry chicken again lol
OMG!! That was a close call. Glad everyone is ok. Happy Friday !!
Thanks. Happy friday
Whoa. That sounds like it got bad very fast.

Glad she's ok... minus the eyelashes.
HI Viv...guess I'm too late to be any help but I would suggest a product called KRUD KUTTER. It isn't expensive and available at Walmart and Lowe's/Home Depot. It is advertised as a "grease cutter". I have used it mainly to remove nicotine from the walls of rental property and a bar I recently "inherited". I've tried many products and this stuff works better than anything. Just spray it on, let it sit for a few seconds, and wipe. I'm sure it will effortlessly and effectively cut/clean any grease/soot or whatever you have on your walls.
Sorry that happened and glad you are all okay.
Glad ya'll are ok. WOW! That could have been very bad. NEVER put water on a grease fire. Keep baking soda near by and pour it on the fire and it will put it out, cover it with a towel or blanket will cut off the oxygen and put it out also, but you have to be careful and quick. Fire extinguisher is great to have on hand too.
Glad you and your daughter are ok. I did the same thing when I was a teenager...
Thanks pounder
Vivian, did you get the soot removed?