Providers, have you ever bartered for services?

Interested to see which providers have bartered for services in the past. Also, if you haven't, what services would you be open to trading for?
I have traded... usually for big home repair & improvement type stuff.

I need one of these trench drains for my driveway right now!
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_0394.JPG (120.4 KB, 364 views)
I also need trees cut back and a few possibly removed.

Pro's with insurance only... I don't need a weekend warrior dropping anything through my roof. Lol
Nice I'm sure some handy man is running around trying to find his paperwork!
Needed some major automotive help recently*, and I was lucky enough to have a very talented and helpful gentleman offer his assistance, and yeah...I made damn sure he knew how grateful I was and am for his help.

*replaced my hood, and a broken axle, and then was kind enough to even provide roadside assistance 2 weeks later, when my battery caught fire**.
**Before anyone asks why I don't just buy a new one: that's just how I roll. I live for thrills, man.. and I find that life is just way more exciting when you climb daily inside a hunk of metal, then go hurtling down the highway, legitimately worried that it will disintegrate at any moment. ;D
I would love to have a mechanic sugar daddy! I drive my Wrangler too much. It's older so it needs repairs here and there.
By any means am I an automotive expert but a friend of a friend might know a structural engineer.
I did it with an attorney. It turned out really bad. It was a visitation issue with my children. I kept my end if the bargain but when it was his turn he filed the court papers and stated I was "pro se" which means I was representing myself,!!!!! Well needless to say went by his office and found it empty and no notice on the door. That's been 3 years and I still haven't found him. I would consider trading again but probably with someone who has good references in that area.
I've done it! That's how I got my boobies!! My braces and some dental work done. Stuff like that...works out for me and them I love my doctor and dentist clients they always give me a nice good check up & who wouldn't want a doctor on call? I'm never sick long! Lol
I did it with an attorney. It turned out really bad. It was a visitation issue with my children. I kept my end if the bargain but when it was his turn he filed the court papers and stated I was "pro se" which means I was representing myself,!!!!! Well needless to say went by his office and found it empty and no notice on the door. That's been 3 years and I still haven't found him. I would consider trading again but probably with someone who has good references in that area. Originally Posted by Sweet Casey
There's more to this situation than meets the eye casually glancing over the discussion... It's not that easy to just close up a functioning law practice and disappear like that, which means that he was probably planning (possibly well before you "kept [your] end") to decamp for other reasons--it doesn't seem to me that he blew out of dodge solely to cheat you out of some free pussy.

That said, I'd strongly advise you never to barter your services as a provider with a lawyer in return for his services (or hers, if you swing that way; there's certainly Nothing Wrong With That), especially when you're retaining him for something that will potentially require actual courtroom work. An attorney fucking his client is grounds for professional discipline in just about every state I'm familiar with, so that his willingness to let you wield that potential ground for blackmail over him proves a tendency to think with the wrong head. You want a lawyer who thinks with the right head, because too fucking much can go wrong in even the simplest contested proceeding, and if the shit hit the fan you don't want your lawyer thinking so much about tapping your ass that he's overlooking ways to nail your opponent's.

Cheers,

bcg
There's more to this situation than meets the eye casually glancing over the discussion... It's not that easy to just close up a functioning law practice and disappear like that, which means that he was probably planning (possibly well before you "kept [your] end") to decamp for other reasons--it doesn't seem to me that he blew out of dodge solely to cheat you out of some free pussy.

That said, I'd strongly advise you never to barter your services as a provider with a lawyer in return for his services (or hers, if you swing that way; there's certainly Nothing Wrong With That), especially when you're retaining him for something that will potentially require actual courtroom work. An attorney fucking his client is grounds for professional discipline in just about every state I'm familiar with, so that his willingness to let you wield that potential ground for blackmail over him proves a tendency to think with the wrong head. You want a lawyer who thinks with the right head, because too fucking much can go wrong in even the simplest contested proceeding, and if the shit hit the fan you don't want your lawyer thinking so much about tapping your ass that he's overlooking ways to nail your opponent's.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Yea I had seen him many times before this. I was lucky he disappeared. I ended up with an exceptional attorney that I keep on retainer. I was new to the hobby and this particular attorney was one of my first clients. I didn't think he closed his practice just to avoid me I feel he knew he was going to be going utr or wherever he is.
I also talked with another provider that he had used as a reference and she said she bartered with him with no problem. The whole deal is I was "green" in the hobby and should have handled it differently.
I've done it! That's how I got my boobies!! My braces and some dental work done. Stuff like that...works out for me and them I love my doctor and dentist clients they always give me a nice good check up & who wouldn't want a doctor on call? I'm never sick long! Lol Originally Posted by BabyDallass
I've been looking for a dentist for months who would barter. Lucky you. Haha.

I have bartered for mechanic work, but didn't need to, my biological dad is a certified mechanic, but the guy was sweet and I really don't like my dad anyways. Haha

I have looked to barter for other things, but no one has offered.
They normally don't offer since they can pay with no problem. You got to get comfy with them and just ask them, just like they ask us for extra stuff then it all evens out lol
Wish I something to barter
They normally don't offer since they can pay with no problem. You got to get comfy with them and just ask them, just like they ask us for extra stuff then it all evens out lol Originally Posted by BabyDallass
Well I need to go find a dentist to get comfy with 😂😍