Visiting New Orleans and needing some info

Which area of New Orleans is most convenient and safest for clients to travel to an incall?
lower garden district has nice hotels///safe and off street free parking

have fun!
Near convention center and warehouse district also have good meter parking. Metairie near causeway or Clearview exits also are an option but you are much further from Nola.

When are you visiting?
Metairie if you want the locals, French Qtr. or Downtown (CBD) if you want foot traffic (which would be largely visitors).

Yes, depends on when you want to visit: from this Wednesday night through next Tuesday, we won't be able to drive anywhere. I may leave town just so I'm not frustrated being stuck in the house--I'm not big on crowds.
Metairie is convenient at this time of the year because it's almost impossible to travel in New Orleans during Mardi Gras.
What they said. You DO know you're visiting at Mardi Gras, right?
almost everywhere is booked.

I"d call ahead. Don't show up w/o reservations.....

Can't stay at my place. My wife is wise to stuff like that.
I generally like the CBD but Metairie is more feasible at this time of year.
almost everywhere is booked.

I"d call ahead. Don't show up w/o reservations.....

Can't stay at my place. My wife is wise to stuff like that. Originally Posted by Longdongstrong
More than one visiting girl has been caught by this--New Orleans IS NOT an easy city to make last-minute arrangements in:

1. There aren't that many hotels. B/c we don't have that much land. Louisiana is mostly a hybrid of water-and-mud, or flat-out water. It explains why we have such bad traffic--we can't just build more roads--and why hotel space is limited: compared to other places, there just isn't that much land to put hotels, houses & office buildings on.

2. There's always something happening. If it weren't Mardi Gras, it would be Fr. Qtr. Fest, or Jazz-Fest, or All-stars, or Essence Fest, or Something-Else-Weekend... or (after Labor Day) home Saints games, or VooDoo Fest, or Bayou Classic, or NOLA Bowl... you get the idea. Makes it a fun place to visit, but...

... you have to plan; NOLA is not a good last-minute destination. Mardi Gras isn't a day (yes it IS a day <sigh> literal-mindedness will get us nowhere OK?) people here refer to it interchangeably w/"Carnival" which is the season. So Mardi Gras parades have been going on for a couple of weekends. Now, starting tomorrow night, you can't get anywhere in your car downtown after 5 pm, and that will last for a week. Every night until Mardi Gras (yes, I mean the day this time). If you're a local (not a native, but I DO live here now) who hates bother & inconvenience & LOATHES crowds, Mardi Gras is mostly a giant PITA, although I bear no ill-will to those who love & enjoy the parades--and those who go really seem to.

A lot of girls visit during Mardi Gras--for good reason. The radio said over a MILLION people visit from outside NOLA for the season, which is wonderful--and it's good business on the part of the girls who come for it; if they can find a place to stay!

Welcome & Good Luck!
If you're looking for customers then I would very strongly suggest Metairie or Kenner. If you're coming to see Mardi Gras or the French Quarter and booking customers is a secondary thing during your trip here then stay in New Orleans.
Unless you're running a 50% off sale, I'm not stepping foot in Nola.