How to Avoid Hotel Disappointments???

Ok, before reading this nobody should take this as a negative "review"!!! I was able to make it 4 hours driving time to the Margarita social, and had previously contacted Ms. Julia to have a meeting afterwards, I was able to meet Ms. Julia at social and was eager to see more of her (wink, wink). So I had introduced myself and to avoid any discussions there simply left it at I would text when we left. So we decide on my hotel, since I was going to have to get one anyway, and since it was near the social, got a room on Northwest Hwy from a National Chain that I have stayed at numerous times. Julia texts me that she'll be there in 30 minutes, 30 minutes goes by and text her to see if she was close and she says about 15 minutes, 15 minutes later she calls and I giver her room and directions to entrance (was a little difficult to see, particularly at night) so I can see her pull in from my room window and anticipate the knock at the door, several minutes go by and so I try to call her and happen to look out window and see her getting back into her car and drive off, she calls me back and says, the people at the hotel started questioning her, is she a guest, who is she seeing, blah blah blah, and she freaks out and takes off.
I could tell she was shaken up by experience and she says she can't talk she wants to get out of there, so I call back 10-15 minutes later to see if we can still meet...as it was already getting late, she mentions she would have to get a room at her normal incall and it was 20 minutes away...and acted like it was a bit of a hassel to do, but she was willing to since we were suppose to meet...I appreciated her williness to try to make arrangements where we could still see each other...but not real familiar with DFW and having had a long day and a couple of drinks, I didn't want to drive around for 45 minutes, so I missed out on seeing the beautiful Ms. Julia.

I usually do incalls, but next time I have an outcall at a hotel...how do you avoid these circumstances???
I would say meet her down there outside the entrance and walk up to your room. That way they know she is your guest.
some hotels have a locked door policy after 9 or 10 p.m. When I do outcalls I make sure I know the particular hotels policy. Also, when doing outcalls make sure the provider doesn't show up looking like a stereotypical working girl..... I always request non standout attire. Another way to go about it is move the doormat by a side entrance into the door to keep it open when she's close or just meet her at a side door.
How was she dressed? If she just came from a social I would guess that she was dressed to impress and might not have looked like the typical road weary traveler looking to get up to her room for the night. I would meet her at a side door and let her in then she never has to walk through the lobby at all. Depending on the hotel I could image some of these holier than thou desk clerks giving her quite the hard time.
Be the perfect gentleman, and walk her from the parking lot to your room. Gets you cudo points when you open their car door, hold their hand (heels can be dangerous), and act natural through the lobby.
How was she dressed? If she just came from a social I would guess that she was dressed to impress and might not have looked like the typical road weary traveler looking to get up to her room for the night. I would meet her at a side door and let her in then she never has to walk through the lobby at all. Depending on the hotel I could image some of these holier than thou desk clerks giving her quite the hard time. Originally Posted by travelling_man
I was at the social and not that many, if any, ladies overly stood out that a hotel would question. We were at a chain restaurant so everyone knew the dress code was not to be tits hanging out, stripper boots, etc.. I pretty sure I remember miss julia and I would say she was ok and did not stood out. Alot Jeans were worn there by the girls. If she changed later , who knows.
Blue Jean and a tshirt, hair in a pony tail...I couldn't believe they even questioned her...I just don't get to make that many trips to the Mecca and when I do I like to try and take advantage of it...in retrospect I wish I had gone to her incall...she was a real trooper about it, but I hate not having gotten to see her...I tried to get her to come back and walk in with me or let me hold a side door open, but she was spooked and wasn't coming back...
She must have hesitated walking in and done something to draw the clerk's attention. If you just walk straight in and go right to the elevator and act like you know where you're going - no one is going to stop you. It might help to act busy like you're on the phone or texting and they are even less likely to stop you if you are dressed casually as she was.

Funny story but somewhat related - I saw a girl recently that told me about this time when she had an outcall to a very upscale hotel close to downtown. The funny part is that there must have been a convention in town and 3 guys called her from her TER reviews all in the same day - all at the same hotel. The first time wasn't a big deal, but by the 3rd visit in the same day the valet at the hotel kind of smiled and laughed at her when she dropped off her car and said - 'see you in an hour'.

Who knows - maybe that hotel was really convenient to the social location and the clerk had seen a stream of hot looking women pouring in and that last one was enough to draw their attention.
I gotta say, there are times when it IS terrifying walking through the lobbies of some places, especially if you have to really LOOK for the elevator. Times like this I'm thinking, 'Oh, Lord. Don't let me miss a beat going to this elevator' or 'Oh, don't let that clerk ask me any questions'. If I get to your incall and my heart is racing just a bit, THAT'S probably why. I actually prefer the lobby to be just a tad busy (3 or so coming and going). That way all eyes AREN'T on me like I'm Tupac.

When you walk into a hotel, act like you belong there. Most decent hotels have signs pointing to the elevators near the lobby. A quick glance should get you walking in the right direction.

Another thought, having been a traveler I have a ton of spare room keys that were never turned in, carry one in your hand with the strip side facing the desk clerk. If they see the key, they may not take a second glance unless you are a hot provider or hobbiest and the desk clerk is a chica.

Or you could get real bold if don't see an elevator sign; having a spare room key prop, walk up to the clerk with an 'I'm gonna piss my pants' look and ask if there is a restroom in the lobby to get more familiar with your surroundings.