Ip tracking

• mar6
  • 08-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Generic question for any tech savvy people out there. I have an old phone with a burner SIM card in it. I paid cash for the SIM and pay cash for minute refills.

Is it possible for someone (private citizen or LE) to track me using my IP address and figure out real world info?
IPs can be tracked yes.
Only by LEO or court order.

But tracked to where?
How was your phone/sim card registered?
That's what they would get.
Seriously though, not gonna happen for misdemeannor stuff.
I suspect op is worried about a SO tracking him and using it in court situation.

I don't know about your location, but in general only LE could track you by use of your phone. For a SO to obtain a court order the bar would have to be high. I personally would be more worried about your burner phone syncing to your personal Google account or your Google account getting hacked by a tech savvy friend of your SO who knows how to access the info.
Is your phone's IMEI # (serial number), it doesn't matter what type of SIM card you have or how you pay for minutes.

If you leave location services on and wifi discover, every wifi your phone comes within range of will record your phone's unique IMEI number, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT CONNECT TO THE wifi.

If it's an Android phone, Google will continue to track it in real time even if you turn location services OFF.

Court orders to track cell phones went away in 1978 with the signing of the FISA, which also established the only secret court in the US, the FISC.

You don't even have to be LE to track a phone, if you have the IMEI, you can go to any one of several hacker sites, punch in the IMEI and the time duration (One week, 30 days, etc.) and you will get a map of every wifi and cell tower that phone "pinged" during that period of time.

An Irish journalist requested all of his Android phone records from Google (they have to produce them under EEU law) and he received 550 GigaBytes of files - all info about him, where he went, who he texted, emailed, what web sites he viewed, etc.

The US has no such privacy laws - Android doesn't have to tell you squat, including who they've sold your info to and for how much.

Cheers!
Don’t worry about this. If your SO is going to these lengths to catch you there are far easier ways to do it. Like hiding an iPhone in your car and tracking you that way. Or a voice activated recorder. Lots of tricks to catch naugty husbands.
I always recommend checking your cell phone to make sure your S.O. hasn't installed a tracker APP on your cell phone in case you don't have a separate hobby phone.
Having a hobby APP number attached onto your same real world cell helps zero if there's a tracker APP installed software on the same phone.
Get yourself a separate cell phone and forget using an APP # that's connected to your same cell.

There are plenty cell phone tracker APP's, always check your cell.
There are also tracker APP's to track you without your knowledge
so be in touch with your cell phone and try not to let anyone handle your cell long enough to install any APP's.

Hobby smart!
If my SO would give me pussy more than 3 or 4 times a year, I wouldn't be looking for it elsewhere...
She gets more dick on the side than I get pussy on the side. So it shouldn't matter to her.
She said I could find it elsewhere, as long as I don't bring anything home and I don't do in in our community.
We live in such a small place, everyone knows your business.
So, when she's out of town on business and finds someone attractive, she gives it up. She likes the excitement of something new.
Being old like myself, I'd rather pay for it and get guaranteed fun than to go sit in a bar and have the chance of nothing happening.
I don't use a burner, I only do it out of town or out of state, I am discreet. I don't do anything to raise suspicions. And I don't tell any family or friends. Only the people on here know what I do.
If your SO is going to these lengths to catch you there are far easier ways to do it. Like hiding an iPhone in your car and tracking you that way. Originally Posted by B Three
Is it just as easy with an Android phone and do you need another phone to track? Or can you track movements with your computer?
These are the reasons why I use my neighbor's phone.
Don’t worry about this. If your SO is going to these lengths to catch you there are far easier ways to do it. Like hiding an iPhone in your car and tracking you that way. Or a voice activated recorder. Lots of tricks to catch naugty husbands. Originally Posted by B Three
Not to mention the relationship is already done.
If my SO would give me pussy more than 3 or 4 times a year, I wouldn't be looking for it elsewhere...
She gets more dick on the side than I get pussy on the side. So it shouldn't matter to her.
She said I could find it elsewhere, as long as I don't bring anything home and I don't do in in our community.
We live in such a small place, everyone knows your business.
So, when she's out of town on business and finds someone attractive, she gives it up. She likes the excitement of something new.
Being old like myself, I'd rather pay for it and get guaranteed fun than to go sit in a bar and have the chance of nothing happening.
I don't use a burner, I only do it out of town or out of state, I am discreet. I don't do anything to raise suspicions. And I don't tell any family or friends. Only the people on here know what I do. Originally Posted by Warptcuck
Send me her number lol!
Is it just as easy with an Android phone and do you need another phone to track? Or can you track movements with your computer? Originally Posted by Zollner
Yes if the settings are correct you can track your SO phone. I’m talking about placing a whole other phone I. A car and using it to track without having to touch the SO phone.
ANSWER YES , Burner + leave "real phone" at work or home ,Gee I forgot it , Turn OFF ( remove battery ) on hobby phone when not using.
Burner phones that you don't get a bill for shouldn't have any rw info tied to it. You just refill minutes in cash and the cell tower don't know you from the next guy I would think.
The easy answer is, just don't have a SO Then you can screw around all you want.