Denton or Lewisville

I posted this in the North Texas forum but I thought I'd get the opinions of the DFW crowd as well.

I've got a buddy who will be accepting a job in Denton. She asked me my opinion on if she should move directly into Denton or live outside of it, say Lewisville. I personally have only passed through both cities, never stopped in them. If I remember correctly Lewisville isn't too far away from Denton....about 20-30 min depending on traffic. Coming from Fort Worth which city has more of a city feel to it? Which is safer?
1. Flower Mound 2. Corinth 3. Lewisville 4. Denton
in order for safety, livability. Flower Mound shares a border with lewisville (west), Corinth is between Lewisville and Denton, just north of the lewisville lake I35 bridge.
You can go to "town" wikipedia, and check out the demographic breakdown. That information is the most pertinent.
My experience and opinion would be Lewisville; it provides the most expeditious route of escape from Denton County.
Corinth would most likely be the safest environment if you do not own a handgun; the temptation to put it to your forehead for entertainment value may become overwhelming.
The only redeeming quality for Denton is?
The only redeeming quality for Denton is? Originally Posted by SweetAterPie
Bowling for Soup?
Driving to Denton from Lewisville for work has gotten a bit more congested over the years but still better then driving south out of Lewisville. The biggest drawback is that bridge over the lake. Accident magnet and when the weather freezes up it's a BITCH!
Stay north of Lewisville lake bridge. The commute across it everyday sucks!
Lots of great places to live in Corinth.
The only redeeming quality for Denton is? Originally Posted by SweetAterPie
It taint Dallas or Dallas county.
Does she plan on buying or renting?
Does she plan on buying or renting? Originally Posted by slowmover
Renting. She was telling me she's having a harder time finding apartment listings online for Corinth than she is Denton or Lewisville but I didn't ask how many different sites she has tried.
Lived in Lewisville until recently. Had a roommate with a job in Denton to which she commuted daily. It's a counter commute, so it's not bad at all. I found Lewisville to be very safe and lots of places to rent. Much easier commute to the rest of the metro area from there as opposed to Denton.
I would try to live as close to work as practical.
I visit Denton on business occasionally and it is ...... Well .... Dreadful. If you enjoy the company of boring bible thumpers, Denton is your place.
Denton is a small college town with some cool little places. However it is "out there". Lewisville is more commercial with a mall and restaurants. It has more apartments and at the popular 121/35 corridor if your friend wants to be closer to civilization. Laid back and cheaper-Denton. Active and closer to other friends-Lewisville.
Wow, is Lewisville really that much more dangerous than Dallas? I'm looking at crime rates on neighborhoodscout.com and Dallas has a crime index of 6 whereas Lewisville has an index of 22. Which is weird because on that site Dallas shows:

Murder: 133
Rape: 430
Robbery: 4069
Chances of becoming a victim: 1 in 147

Lewisville:

Murder: 3
Rape: 22
Robbery: 53
Chances of becoming a victim: 1 in 32

I know Lewisville has a much smaller population than Dallas but based on the numbers above I would have figured Dallas would have the higher crime index.....unless I'm reading this incorrectly. I was going to suggest Frisco to her but on that site it has double the crime index of Lewisville.

I guess if I were in her shoes I'd live in Lewisville just because it's closer to hobby land... but she's not me and doesn't do that nor does she know I do that, lol.
I'd say it depends on how often they'd be commuting South of Lewisville. Isn't 35-E construction/lane expansion to going to be starting this year?