Toll Tags

Since I'm in Fort Worth and 99% of my hobbying is done in Dallas I'm thinking about getting a toll tag in the hopes of having smoother travels through parts of Dallas. I'm on the ntta website learning how exactly the tag works. Am I understanding it correctly that you have to put money into an account as there are no monthly fee? The website says: The NTTA deducts the exact toll amounts from your account each time your TollTag passes through an operating toll lane. I just want to make sure I'm correctly interpreting that as how it works. Also, do they send you any physical mail like a monthly statement of your toll activity or anything like that or is it all strictly online?
Mine is tied to my debit card so it just periodically charges for whatever tolls I have been through. I believe you can choose to get a statement but can get the statements strictly online as well.
It charges $40 when the balance get around $5. Also, when you have acct you can you disable mail statements. I get everything via email.
It charges $40 when the balance get around $5. Also, when you have acct you can you disable mail statements. I get everything via email. Originally Posted by Shep3.0

Shep is spot on...they'll bill your account for the initial $40 and when it gets down to around $5, they'll bill it again...I believe that you can retrieve all info from their website as far as individual charges go...
Just make sure the SO doesn't have access to the info. ;-)
  • hd
  • 06-13-2013, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE
Just make sure the SO doesn't have access to the info. ;-)
][/QUOTE]

That's why I skirt around toll roads when hobbying. Details of when and where you tripped the toll booths are available on line. Just like OnStar records, if your car has that.
They email me my toll statements all the time.
I'm sure you can ask them to do that for you too
Good luck
Just make sure the SO doesn't have access to the info. ;-) Originally Posted by YohannG
All good, no SO here.
Anyone else think these toll tag people are a bunch of PINHEADS??
I don't have a T. Tag; I only use tolls at the most twice a month. I get a statement in the mail, pay it and...they send my check back. Then, a week later I'll get one of those pink statements threatening to tack on $60-$80 bucks if I don't pay by a certain date!

They interviewed a guy on the news who described this exact scenario. He was there to try and straighten out...

I suppose I'll just buy one... Wonder what they do about one-time out of state drivers...
Just pay online. Less chance of your check getting lost in the mail and you can get it done in a few clicks (or automatically).
I drive ne ftw to plano a lot, the toll is worth the time and stress of trying to do the same route toll free. As far as keeping things quite to prying eyes setup the account tied to a payment source you hide and enjoy the easy access to many more "locations".
Prolongus,
If you buy a tolltag and don't use it enough in accordance with their standards they will cancel your tag due to not enough usage.
The tolltag is good in other cities and at DFW airport parking also.
I owe like 500 bucks in tolls... Smh
I owe like 500 bucks in tolls... Smh Originally Posted by misskendall

If that gets to high they can block you from renewing your registration.