Mare Tranquilitatis

July 20th 1969...

Let us never forget what we as Americans are capable of.
As I was telling someone yesterday, that was 45 years ago. There are middle aged people that were not born yet when Neal Armstrong stepped down on the moon. What have we done, what happened to us? 45 years after the Constitution was signed the country had more than tripled in size. 45 years after the Wright Brothers we had jet aircraft and were about to break the sound barrier. 45 years after landing on the moon we have no manned space program anymore. We have no means to resupply the space station except through Russia. We don't even have a space station. Any reasonable person would have predicted more than one permanent space station around the earth. Another around the moon to oversee the semi-permanet lunar base. We should have already journeyed beyond our own little neighborhood.
We can't forget any of the astronauts but we have squandered away their sacrifices.
As I was telling someone yesterday, that was 45 years ago. There are middle aged people that were not born yet when Neal Armstrong stepped down on the moon. What have we done, what happened to us? 45 years after the Constitution was signed the country had more than tripled in size. 45 years after the Wright Brothers we had jet aircraft and were about to break the sound barrier. 45 years after landing on the moon we have no manned space program anymore. We have no means to resupply the space station except through Russia. We don't even have a space station. Any reasonable person would have predicted more than one permanent space station around the earth. Another around the moon to oversee the semi-permanet lunar base. We should have already journeyed beyond our own little neighborhood. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
There ain't a campfire you won't piss on, JDIdiot.

I'm proud of our accomplishment and wish we were furthering expanding exploration. On that we agree. Obviously, you're ashamed of America in every way, every day.

whiny motherfucker. M
  • Mokoa
  • 07-20-2014, 11:14 PM
A magnificent achievement. Even more so, when you consider how they were able to successfully land on the moon despite all the difficulty they encountered as they approached the lunar surface.

Actually, we do have our own means to resupply the International Space Station. Space X, an American company, is doing that now.
Then let me be more concise, can we swap out astronauts with Space X?
The reason we do not have a space program now is because that money can be spent much better by The Demagogue to buy votes.

The United States is on a downhill slide. It is that simple. We have now reached that point in a Democracy, (Republic), where voters have discovered that they can elect people who will promise to take from others and give to them.

Our Fore Fathers warned us of this. We did not listen. the Demagoges know this, and exploit this major weakness in our system.

Any fool can see what is happening. And if you do not think that things can end rather quickly, just look back at the great Country's in past history that have suffered the same fate.
Obviously, you're ashamed of America in every way, every day. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm not ashamed of "America" or the United States of America. The space program was a manifestation and furtherance of the pioneer mentality that expanded the settlement of this country and fueled the hardworking ethic, which made this country prosperous, productive, strong, and respected, if not feared, throughout the world.

Those days are fading, ...

............ and will be gone forever if a course correction isn't made.

If one can barely afford the two children one has, one doesn't add more. The same applies to cars, houses, pets, furniture, vacations, and/or whatever else one may desire. This country can't sit on its ass and sop up entitlements from "the government" and expect "the rich" to support the lazy asses who believe their are "entitled"! That's not how this country was built, and that's not how the space program was developed ... it WAS "the symbol" of this country's ability TO DO.
I'm not ashamed of "America" or the United States of America. The space program was a manifestation and furtherance of the pioneer mentality that expanded the settlement of this country and fueled the hardworking ethic, which made this country prosperous, productive, strong, and respected, if not feared, throughout the world.

Those days are fading, ...

............ and will be gone forever if a course correction isn't made.

If one can barely afford the two children one has, one doesn't add more. The same applies to cars, houses, pets, furniture, vacations, and/or whatever else one may desire. This country can't sit on its ass and sop up entitlements from "the government" and expect "the rich" to support the lazy asses who believe their are "entitled"! That's not how this country was built, and that's not how the space program was developed ... it WAS "the symbol" of this country's ability TO DO. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Amen brother! I don't hate America either, but I hate the current direction it is taking.
Then go back to Israel, JLPutz!

If you were ever there to begin with.
Then go back to Israel, JLPutz!

If you were ever there to begin with. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
We need him and more like him here. Israels are doing just fine right now.

July 20th 1969...

Let us never forget what we as Americans are capable of. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Encore!
Encore! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
+1 ...