2% of the PGA out of Work

A golfer myself, I was reading this today:

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/1...-professionals

And in another article I read that the PGA has 28,000 members, and Dick's has 560 stores. So if every store had a pro get fired, that's 2% of an organization suddenly not working.

Cutting fat? How's that minimum wage look now?

In the comments, some folks are blaming TaylorMade Golf, a company that is pretty damn whorish, certainly lacking in price and product integrity. Nevertheless, you go to bed with a whore you wake up with one, as these golf pros learned.
I can't feel sorry for PGA members; when sub mediocre players (think Briny Baird) can make $13.6 million in a 15-year career, not counting endorsements, there is no room for sympathy.
Some where in West Virgina there is a coal miner sobbing his eyes out for Tiger Woods and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Hey, my TaylorMade "whore" will beat your slutty driver any day of the week... And if there are fewer "women coming into the game" that's a good thing... it always bothers me when they tear up the greens with their high heels... I do make exceptions, though...

It is a gentleman's game so I guess the number of gentlemen is on the decline.
Hey, my TaylorMade "whore" will beat your slutty driver any day of the week... And if there are fewer "women coming into the game" that's a good thing... it always bothers me when they tear up the greens with their high heels... I do make exceptions, though...

Originally Posted by lustylad
Is she were any prettier a motherfucker could go broke....
I can't feel sorry for PGA members; when sub mediocre players (think Briny Baird) can make $13.6 million in a 15-year career, not counting endorsements, there is no room for sympathy. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
True, but that would be like faulting the janitor for Ortiz's salary. The club pros are a working stiffs, mostly.

Some where in West Virgina there is a coal miner sobbing his eyes out for Tiger Woods and Dick's Sporting Goods. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Coal miners for sure.

Hey, my TaylorMade "whore" will beat your slutty driver any day of the week...

Originally Posted by lustylad
That isn't a TaylorMade and while I think she could get me airborne, she I doubt she could get that ball off the deck.
Sounds demographic. Baby boomers getting too old to play, millennials not old enough to want to play, not enough Gen-X to make up the difference.

I see the same trends in fishing.
Golf is for fags...
Golf is for fags... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Ya think so? You mean the LPGA, right? Not the men's PGA. Have you ever seen a PGA player kiss his boyfriend after sinking the winning putt on the 18th green? Didn't think so, you dumb fag...

This vid's for you, assup ride-me:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/16f...eress-revealed

The PGA is much more than tour players. It is also the club pro, the assistant pro and such.
The unemployment rate for PGA members is far higher than you would believe. Very few PGA pros, club pros, make a lot of money. The changes in the way golf equipment and apparel is marketed has taken much of the profit from club sales out of their pockets. Pro line clubs, once only available via a PGA professional are now available at discount houses all over.

As far as tour PGA pros, they are still one of the only sports where pay is based on performance rather than just for showing up. There is a very fine line between being a food player and a great one. It is also one of the most difficult to cross and stay there. Just ask some of the former greats like David Duval.

I quote a former tour pro turned club pro as he watched a player on TV standing over a putt for a lot of money " his asshole is so tight right now he couldn't shit a BB".