Abilene? What in the WORLD?

What in the heck is going on in Abilene?

Ten years on various boards, and I have never noticed and explosion of hobby-related posts, inquiries and visits as I have over the last couple months?

So, what gives? Abilene brethren, please speak up!

Woody

PS. This is a shameless, pathetic attempt to start a conversation this morning. What can I say? I am lonely.
What would you like to talk about?
Uh oh. I managed to lure DH to the WTx forum. Dear gawd, what have I done? Lol.

Any idea what accounts for the recent increase hobby activity in Abilene DH?
I would speculate that it is the influx of fucktards from Houston and Dallas due to the upswing in the energy industry.

Fucktards with money have to spend it on something. The probability is that your upswing is temporary in nature as these fuckers are transient in nature.

But, you might be able to draw a few more local players into the community.
One could assume there is a glut of providers in the Mid-Odessa area and too much competition. I have noticed a few "Higher Priced" visitors to our area.
One could assume there is a glut of providers in the Mid-Odessa area and too much competition.. Originally Posted by Groggy1
That may have been true a year ago, but now M/O is experiencing a lull in visiting providers. There are some coming here, but not the same quantity or even quality. The wide range of A+ providers that toured here a year ago has been replaced by the same hand-full of traveling providers.

Also, BP providers seem to be doing FAR too well here now.... I personally think it's keeping the A+ providers away. They can't compete (pricewise) with the BP girls.
Also, BP providers seem to be doing FAR too well here now.... I personally think it's keeping the A+ providers away. They can't compete (pricewise) with the BP girls. Originally Posted by houston.alexxx
Thanks for this Alexxx.

Along with everyone else, I have noticed the overall upswing in hobby activity in M-O over the last couple of years, related to the energy industry. But I was not aware that boom included the Abilene area.
What in the heck is going on in Abilene?

Ten years on various boards, and I have never noticed and explosion of hobby-related posts, inquiries and visits as I have over the last couple months?

So, what gives? Abilene brethren, please speak up!

Woody

PS. This is a shameless, pathetic attempt to start a conversation this morning. What can I say? I am lonely. Originally Posted by Wallance
I've noticed it too as of late. I am not sure what the exact cause is but my guess would be the people coming to Sweetwater for the "next big oil boom". I have heard that property is being bought up all over the place, including Abilene in anticipation of this "boom".

http://eaglefordtexas.com/news/id/18...gilmer-mirror/
Well guys I am in Abilene if you every need me wink wink
Jordan, is that home base for you?
Naw, the energy boom has not hit Abilene. Lots of anticipation. tho.

The biggest problem I have seen with providers coming here is short notice. providers post that they are here at 3 in the afternoon and leaving the next morning. All without any previous notice they might be coming. That is the main reason I see few providers here now. I have to have time to make arrangements. Many people do.

You should have been here from 2001-2005. I had a high post count here then. Quite lively exchanges went on . As ASPD grew, it seemed to slow down here. I still blame gals deciding to visit WT on spur of the moment. They show up here, can't get enough apptes, then move on to other parts of WT

Don't worry about DH. When he becomes a mod in New York, he will not be around to bother ya.
No Wallance Ft Worth is but I come here all the time love
So, three possible theories.

1) Energy boom.

2) Anticipation of energy boom.

3) Same activity level as always, just more posts about it.

Lol.
The girls know Abilene is where the thundercock is