Arranging a Lyft/Uber ride

One of my biggest pet peeves is when a provider asks me (the client) to set up a Lyft/Uber ride for her.

There have been 3 times I've done this. In 2 of the 3 cases, something went wrong.

The provider should set the ride up herself (and charge the client a surcharge if need be; it's a given that we pay more for outcalls anyway).

I'm never arranging a ride for a provider again (unless it's the one provider where everything went smooth when I set a ride up for her).

If this happens enough times (something going wrong when I set up a ride for a provider), my reputation with Lyft will get damaged (I might even get kicked off Lyft). I refuse to put my Lyft account in jeopardy just because a provider has xyz excuse of why she refuses to set a ride up herself.
You’re assuming all providers have Lyft or Uber. Some have had “credit issues” or been kicked off for….whatever.
But I agree. And it’s a pain in the ass to do it second hand.
You’re assuming all providers have Lyft or Uber. Some have had “credit issues” or been kicked off for….whatever.
But I agree. And it’s a pain in the ass to do it second hand. Originally Posted by Charley3
Providers make a lot more than me per hour. They should have an easy time resolving any credit issues.

As for the possibility the provider got kicked off the platform, that's all the more reason not to set up a ride for her.
  • BLM69
  • 08-27-2024, 04:58 PM
If any hooker is asking you for Uber $, she's broke and you shouldn't mess with her, freaking embarrassing that she can't afford transportation or own a cheap car to get around
It’s not something that should be requested of a client, and if he offers it should be denied. There’s too much safety protocol to participate in this. I don’t blame you. If you’re dealing with a professional provider, there’s no reason she should ever ask you to procure her transportation.
Providers make a lot more than me per hour. They should have an easy time resolving any credit issues.

As for the possibility the provider got kicked off the platform, that's all the more reason not to set up a ride for her. Originally Posted by AdventurousMouse
Agree 100%. Unfortunately I live in Pittsburgh (great town…but) and I make the most of it.
If any hooker is asking you for Uber $, she's broke and you shouldn't mess with her, freaking embarrassing that she can't afford transportation or own a cheap car to get around Originally Posted by BLM69
OMG I'm gonna agree with BLM.

It’s not something that should be requested of a client, and if he offers it should be denied. There’s too much safety protocol to participate in this. I don’t blame you. If you’re dealing with a professional provider, there’s no reason she should ever ask you to procure her transportation. Originally Posted by Audrey Astor
Agree with Audry as well. Her safety comment is the thread winner. The rent a ride diver's do figure out what's going on and thus the safety issue arises.
My best friend drives Uber- yes A ton of SW stories - but the biggest thing is it’s your dime on the ride - if they do something sketchy it’s your account and that can be extremely troublesome- also “some” Uber drivers will report things to LE. So if a girl says yeah I’m gonna go fuck this trick for x and the Uber driver calls LE.. well good freakin luck - moral of the story DO not order for people you are not extremely comfortable with
Hitch hike
Interestingly, both times something went wrong when setting up a ride for a provider, the same exact thing went wrong in both cases:

The provider was near (but not in) the exact spot she said she'd be in.

In one case, the driver ultimately found her (but wasn't pleased). In the other case, the driver never found her (nor did she see the driver, even though the driver's pin showed that the driver was where the provider told me to send the driver)
Interestingly, both times something went wrong when setting up a ride for a provider, the same exact thing went wrong in both cases:

The provider was near (but not in) the exact spot she said she'd be in.

In one case, the driver ultimately found her (but wasn't pleased). In the other case, the driver never found her (nor did she see the driver, even though the driver's pin showed that the driver was where the provider told me to send the driver) Originally Posted by AdventurousMouse
I have one lady I do this for. She’s a little bit of a dingbat but I’ve never had a problem other than a lot of texts asking me how close.

I agree with everyone here. It’s not a good idea. Too many risks, all on you.
My only experience was I used to pick up my ATF and brought her my place and then took her back to her place afterwards. Her place was always a mess and she had a few cats. On one occasion when she was at my place, I had drank one too many and didn't want to risk DUI so I sent her home with Uber on my account.

I have never consider using my Uber account to bring a provider to me. I would expect her to have her own account and compensate her for travel.
My only experience was I used to pick up my ATF and brought her my place and then took her back to her place afterwards. Her place was always a mess and she had a few cats. On one occasion when she was at my place, I had drank one too many and didn't want to risk DUI so I sent her home with Uber on my account.

I have never consider using my Uber account to bring a provider to me. I would expect her to have her own account and compensate her for travel. Originally Posted by Mr69Jones
Yeah, there's a huge difference between using your account to send her home vs using your account to bring her to you.

If sending her home, you don't have to play phone tag with the provider and the driver (to help the driver and provider locate each other)

That being said, with how often providers have asked me to set up a ride (to bring her to me), that means (as shocking as it sounds) a lot of men must do that.
Similar to my burner phone, I had a burner Uber account on the burner phone. I used 4 or 5 times. Never an issue since they have the add a rider option. Put her name and phone number in and they get the messages. Had a problem once, and it was the driver dropping her off then went in circles around her complex 5 times before marking ride complete to pick up next fare.
The one time I have set up an Uber. I asked the provider what ti e she wanted to be picked up.

Set it up, the driver showed up, and she no showed. She sent me a text an hour later saying she fell asleep and to send another Uber.

The little head took over and I indeed a 2nd one and she no showed a 2nd time.

She asked me. A third time , and when I reminded her she didn't show fkr the first two she told me her cat was and she would show up this time. I refused.

The next day another post was made on this side from another hobbiests who said that he arranged four users and she bo showed all four times.