Restaurants?

• mwise
  • 03-09-2023, 02:21 PM
I'll be staying downtown near the convention center. I'm a foodie..
Where do I go?

I like all foods, tend to eat local cuisine when I'm in a new city.

Don't care if it's fine dining or a dive, just want something great!

I don't mind a short Uber ride either...

Thanks!
Breakfast.... Uber to the Frontier Restaurant .... Get Huevos Rancheros . Green Chile. And a cinnamon roll.
Or you can go to the NM Beef Jerky Co 1425 4th St... Biggest breakfast burritos and hit Chile... Beware!!

Lunch.
Monroe's Restaurant ..
Mountain rd at 4th St... Longer walk... Prob short Uber is best... Let them know you're new to the city and they'll get you taken care of.

Dinner... I'd say the Monre Carlo .. I'm going way local here... 3916 Central Ave SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105

It's a steakhouse in the back of a package liquor store... Think old school mob lounge feel..
  • mwise
  • 03-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Thanks!
Another dinner option if you like Vietnamese food is Pho Linh (9100 Central Ave SE). Exceptionally good!

I disagree with Titman's lunch suggestion and recommend Cocina Azul at the intersection of 12th and Mountain...way better.
Another dinner option if you like Vietnamese food is Pho Linh (9100 Central Ave SE). Exceptionally good!

I disagree with Titman's lunch suggestion and recommend Cocina Azul at the intersection of 12th and Mountain...way better. Originally Posted by FunnTyme4Us
I'm with FunnTyme on this. Cocina is WAY better than Monroe's but then just about anywhere is! LOL. Both good recommendations.
Slate Stree Cafe between 5th and 6th St on Slate. Duran’s Pharmacy on Central close to the Lomas Junction (Breakfast and lunch only)—Both owned by members of the Gattas Family.
Concur on Cocina Azul -- also great for breakfast. Garcia's, Duran's and Monte Carlo are local legends for a reason. Restaurant Antiquity is a classic small steakhouse with some continental entrees -- fantastic. Laguna Burger is best of local burgers. All of the above are short Ubers from downtown.
Also check out LVL5 at hotel Chaco. Need a reservation or be a guest at the hotel to get in but the new head chef was on MasterChef.
And I would check out the restaurant in the Andaluz Hotel—The Original Hilton on Albuquerque. I had a great Green Chile Cheeseburger and Fries there.
Reading these replies... Made me think of Golden crown Panaderia on Mountain Rd.... Great bakery with funky take on pizza and Calzones.
Monte Carlo's Prime Rib special is awesome. A little hole in the wall place. Use your GPS navigation to find it as it has a liquor store in the front and you won't notice it driving by.
Tito and Maria's is the place to go for a stuffed sopapilla
Mary & Titos on 4th St (west side), just north of Menaul. —red chile and carne adovada plate.
JollyMaya, thanks for making the corrections...oops! I just eat there.
High noon!!! The beef tenderloin can’t be beat