Boycott Starbucks !!!!

I've never been a fan of starbucks and don't doubt they do some stupid shit.

As a vet of ten years, and lots of time in tents in the dessert, I have a lot of respect for our troops. I would have more respect for the marines in that story if they weren't begging for free hand-outs. And then whining about it regardless of the reason for being told no.

When I was serving over there, we had plenty of free coffee from the military AND we got a lot of extra per diem (monies for daily food and stuff) and we were all tax exempt and we got hazardous fire pay - so they don't need to be begging for free shit.
https://www.thoughtco.com/did-starbu...arines-4072883 Originally Posted by Futurerat66
There you have it.

Too often dipshits believe anything they read online or get forwarded in an email. You can see it in this very thread. Unbelievable that people keep believing and perpetuating this bullshit.
  • b14me
  • 10-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Just like you believing this shit. It's all relative!
I can't speak to the veracity of the story. But, as a veteran myself, I think the best way to support our troops is to bring them home. Having said that, acting like an ass about it is not the way to go.
Folks- you can agree to disagree and that's fine. However ,please keep the conversation civil with no rude language. Thanks for your cooperation!
  • Old-T
  • 10-15-2018, 08:12 AM
I sincerely doubt the OP.

I spend a lot of time on bases, and almost every one has a Starbucks located near by. Many of them constantly have things up in the store supporting our troops, and many have "buy a pound of coffee and we'll donate one to oversees troops" kind of things.

I volunteer to pack and ship morale packages to Afghanistan and other deployed areas, and we often have Starbucks coffee and things donated by the local stores that go into the boxes.