Runza

Dayum! Went to this joint for lunch earlier today...that was some good grub for a fast food place. Had the Swiss Mushroom Runza and it was like having a party in my mou...uhhh, wait. Never mind.

It was good. We'll leave it at that.

Sure wish this place was in some of the other cities I frequent...
Weird post but I completely agree with you. Its my fav at Runza
Weird post Originally Posted by burkalini

TO SAY THE LEAST.... sounds like good food...
It is Redd. Want me to overnight you a Runza?
I have a recipe that is remarkably similar to the Runza one. I do have trouble with the crust at times, but haven't had any complaints.
I visit St. Louis regularly and they've never heard of a Runza.
It is Redd. Want me to overnight you a Runza? Originally Posted by MsElena

Well that is quite nice of you!!! I'll be looking for it!!
Hit up Runza for lunch again today...the mushroom swiss burger was nowhere near as good as yesterday's meal...

I did have one kick-ass meal at Fleming's last night though...duck breast and filet mignon. Shit melted in my mouth...
Yum, I miss having Runza!!
Redd what the hell are you doing in Nebraska forum?! Are you in Nebraska or just popped in for a visit?
SB.....I need to try your recipe!!

Redd....I'll need an address or would you like for me to personally deliver it?

Flemings is good, I'm partial to Gorats though. For wine......I hit up my wine collection.
Redd what the hell are you doing in Nebraska forum?! Are you in Nebraska or just popped in for a visit? Originally Posted by Alexis_Summers
Hey.... I am like a FLY ON THE WALL all over the place in Fantasy Land!!! I like to check out other places and faces!!!

Be safe

Redd....I'll need an address or would you like for me to personally deliver it? Originally Posted by MsElena
Ole Redd will take your personal delivery

Now that sounds YUMMY!!!!
The runza chain has clamped down on the german russian ladies(which is where the sandwhich came from) here in Lincoln for selling there homemade runzas on football saturdays or for church fundraisers. They have to call them russian hamburgers or baked cabbage burgers.
The runza chain has clamped down on the german russian ladies(which is where the sandwhich came from) here in Lincoln for selling there homemade runzas on football saturdays or for church fundraisers. They have to call them russian hamburgers or baked cabbage burgers. Originally Posted by 12blue4u

That's such BS. That's like calling your restaurant "Hamburgers" and precluding anyone else from calling their burgers hamburgers. My grandmother was making me Runza's long before that grease pit came along.
I have a recipe that is remarkably similar to the Runza one. I do have trouble with the crust at times, but haven't had any complaints. Originally Posted by snowbeard
I'd love a copy of that recipe! They finally opened a Runza in KC on Johnson Drive, but the menu is very limited (for instance, they only offer a medium french fry - no other size, and MANY things just aren't on the menu at all . . .) and they price gouge - TERRIBLY. I have several recipes for Bierocks but I haven't found one that comes close to tasting as good as the popular Runza variation of the sandwich - although several recipes I have are very, very good in their own right!

Kisses,

- Jackie