Politics Anyone? Ron Paul?

I was wondering if anyone here supports Ron Paul this man is amazing I would really like to see him be the next president of the United States.
I like some of his opinions.

But, I was taught by my daddy that politics doesn't make for good bedfellows.
I'm afraid Mr Paul's foreign policy is too isolationist, and would be harmful. Not to say we should maybe scale back a little bit from where we are now.
I'll keep my opinion of Mr. Paul to myself - that should explain my thoughts on him or any other Republican for that matter.
Paul would be my first choice. Then again, anything would be better than what we have now.
Today over 15% of the population is on food stamps. Approximately 49% of all so the United States receive some sort of federal assistance. 97% of the population play less than 15% of their income to federal taxes. The elite rich can basically pay 15% cap gains taxes. The business class or small business person can expect to pay about 50% in federal and state taxes. And if we just raise taxes on that group a little bit more. Everything will be better for everyone. Plus they are the smallest voting group out there.

Personally, I would be in favor of a huge Hollywood tax. Let's say 55%, which would be about what a small business person is if you figure in FICA. And make sure we tax all successful sports franchises, movie franchises, actors and players, and anything else we can think of and that type of arena. Watch what happens you will see movies and everything go offshore.

The reality is we cannot borrow money at the rate we're borrowing without some sort of world political clout being lost. Right now, Iran and China are exchanging gold for oil. They are not using the US dollar, like they did 12 months ago.

So if we let the politicians do they do best. They will take care of their specific interest and not address anything that would be good for the country. So along comes Mister Paul who would attack the debt. And he make sense. I have no doubt that his stance would inflame many people. But in my mind if he doesn't those people who have been mollycoddled will be mortified when they see the United States collapse in a way that none of us anticipate or could anticipate.

That's why his views are gaining momentum. is this rambling? You bet it is , but remember whether you vote Republican or Democrat your helping to create another political millionaire.
Niether party at the moment impresses me. Personally I think the government needs to act like I did when I was in financial trouble. I had to get a second job and work more hours (raise taxes, especialy the capital gains tax) and cut spending like cable and going out to eat (don't cocentrate solely on social programs that help a large chunk of population but miltary and subsidies like the oil ones). Problems with Republicans is they ate hell bent no matter the cost to our nation to raise taxes to the level they were during the prosperous times. Demorcrats are just as hell bent not to reduce spending or put restrictions on those getting government assistance likedrug testing or mandatory attendance to job fairs. Agree or disagree with Ron Paul at least his biews are his snd not the party lines and have stood by them for decades. Have to respect a politician like that.
Niether party at the moment impresses me. Personally I think the government needs to act like I did when I was in financial trouble. I had to get a second job and work more hours (raise taxes, especialy the capital gains tax) and cut spending like cable and going out to eat (don't cocentrate solely on social programs that help a large chunk of population but miltary and subsidies like the oil ones). Problems with Republicans is they ate hell bent no matter the cost to our nation to raise taxes to the level they were during the prosperous times. Demorcrats are just as hell bent not to reduce spending or put restrictions on those getting government assistance likedrug testing or mandatory attendance to job fairs. Agree or disagree with Ron Paul at least his biews are his snd not the party lines and have stood by them for decades. Have to respect a politician like that. Originally Posted by jjchmiel78
The thing I most admire is Ron Paul has been consistent with his views, unlike other politicians who try to walk to the line and please both crowds *cough* Romney *cough*. I do agree that both sides whether it be Democrats or Republicans are corrupt. I don't trust any politician to me they are like a used car salesman Being in the military I am more favorable towards his foreign policy of non-intervention and policing the world. He says it best we can take the money we are spending on these foreign wars and put that money back into our economy so Americans can get back to work. To me he just seems like Americas Best/Last hope.
Not sure I understand the idea of no taxes. None. How would anything get done. No Highways, roads or streets except for those that some individual or corporation builds. Which could mean that in a capitalistic society they would be free to levee any toll they felt people would be willing/forced to pay. Lincoln has a large chunk of the population that works for the Federal, State, County, or City government. No paychecks for them....He wants the Gold Standard back. The US alone has an economy larger than 14 trillion, I don't know about the rest of the world. Even at over$900 an ounce for Gold, there is not enough gold on this planet. Everyone should be able to purchase any weapon of their choice. Really? How about the pimps sometimes mentioned here. Any drug anyone could want? Please correct me if I am mistaken.
I defer to The Who, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" we are just pawns for mega corps. We paid the Michelin co $50.00 for every rubber tree we destroyed in Viet Nam. My brother signed off on the checks. Its all about the Benjamin's period.
Not sure I understand the idea of no taxes. None. How would anything get done. No Highways, roads or streets except for those that some individual or corporation builds. Which could mean that in a capitalistic society they would be free to levee any toll they felt people would be willing/forced to pay. Lincoln has a large chunk of the population that works for the Federal, State, County, or City government. No paychecks for them....He wants the Gold Standard back. The US alone has an economy larger than 14 trillion, I don't know about the rest of the world. Even at over$900 an ounce for Gold, there is not enough gold on this planet. Everyone should be able to purchase any weapon of their choice. Really? How about the pimps sometimes mentioned here. Any drug anyone could want? Please correct me if I am mistaken. Originally Posted by Osolomio
Well not really more capitalistic since he wants less government intervention it would be more of a free enterprise is what he is trying to go towards. And about the taxes he wants to take the money we are using for all the wars overseas and put that money back into the economy thats where the taxes could be low and still would have room for building roads and such. I am not sure what you mean by "pimps having any drug they want" he does want to legalize marijuana but as far as anything else I do not believe he is for it, since he has been in the medical profession for over 30 years.
PBS had a economic documentary on the fair tax system. They showed how it is used in several countries and the effect it had on the economy. It showed runaway inflation in one country and how it changed overnight with these federal sales tax. In short, people stopped trying to hide money to avoid paying taxes. It's really interesting. I think it's five years old. Needless to say, it doesn't get rerun a whole lot. In part because I think it runs contrary , most people's opinion in PBS about would work for this country. The end result was less corruption, and more tax revenue. That documentary, the one regarding derivatives and George Soros, and one regarding how buying a knockoff purse funds drug dealers in Columbia organized crime dealers in Russia and some bad people in China are probably three of my favorite things PBS is done in the past six years. Wish they would do more.