Here's an idiot

I just want to vent, I guess. I just had a client named Michael who booked an appointment for 1pm. The appointment was booked at 12:10, so i raced to the incall location and began to get ready - clothes, makeup, make the bed, etc - when he calls me from the meeting place 20 MINUTES EARLY. I ask him politely to give me another 10 min to get ready, and I would call him... he vanishes. Turns his phone off so it goes to voicemail and disappears like a petulant little child.

It makes me wonder what he does if he shows up to the dentist early and has to wait in - gasp! - the waiting room. I wonder if he stomps around and leaves, and shuts off his phone so the receptionist can't reach him. What a jerk.

So if you get a call from Michael in dallas or houston, and the last four digits of his number is 1601... just say no.
Sorry that happened to you. We all need to vent sometimes.
That super sucks...
Jessica, you may want to post this in the local Dallas Alerts section. Many more people will see it over there.
Dammit . . .
Well, maybe it was for the best.
You just never know . . .
20 minutes ahead of time I'm not even dressed...lol.
Sister you have ever right to vent.
20 minutes ahead of time I'm not even dressed...lol. Originally Posted by AimeeAims
Isn't it ironic. All this preparation, shower, makeup, fix your hair, get dressed for a client. Just to reverse the process within minutes after he arrives, lol.
i hate last min flakes too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeAims
20 minutes ahead of time I'm not even dressed...lol.

I wouldn't mind if you weren't dressed Aimee.
I just want to vent, I guess. I just had a client named Michael who booked an appointment for 1pm. The appointment was booked at 12:10, so i raced to the incall location and began to get ready - clothes, makeup, make the bed, etc - when he calls me from the meeting place 20 MINUTES EARLY. I ask him politely to give me another 10 min to get ready, and I would call him... he vanishes. Turns his phone off so it goes to voicemail and disappears like a petulant little child.

It makes me wonder ... Originally Posted by jessicarivers
maybe it's just me, but the bolded text makes me wonder ...
you get a call at 12:10 pm for an appt at 1pm??
you screened him and got back to him in less than 30 mins???

sure he disappeared and left you in the lurch, but it seems to me that a thorough screening might have detected something fishy.

do you think it might have something to do with "Seattle's Finest T-GIRL" in your profile?
somebody giving you the run-around for nothing?

in any case, glad you are safe!! and sorry it happened to you.
What kind of screening is done in ten minutes ? wow
Most of us keep pretty good records. It's pretty easy to just look someone up and get back to the other provider.... Especially when we send a receive emails with our phones now.
It's actually pretty realistic considering that most providers are up at about noon and checking their mailboxes...
I agree, and had something like that happen once to me. But this is the shoe on the other foot. 3 years back or so, made an appointment with a provider, went to the location, but I was lost, and couldn't find the place, which i called her to let her know, I wasn't running late, but just searching for the place, and would likely be another 10 min extra, so i could find it, she seemed flustered and 5 min later, I found it, i parked and I called but she ignored me, after 10 min of trying, i gave up and took business elsewhere. That night went worse, but that's another tangent/story. People should be more patient, period.
I always try to reach the preferred location well in time because you never know the traffic situation or getting lost ( sometimes GPS is not always correct). But I always try to ask the provider how early I can call her to get final direction. Some are co-operative but some won't even answer at the appointed hour. I have wasted 10 to 15 minutes after the appointed hour to get the final direction. Unfortunately, the wasted time is in included in the session time. So be it. But in general I have good luck with most of the ladies and I will go for re-appointments. But others, I feel one session is too many. But I enjoy ladies who treat the client's time as valuable as theirs. Some have asked me to come in as soon as I call them ( I make sure it is not more than 15 minutes before the appointed time to allow to find the apartment, parking, time to reach the door etc) and still kept the session for the full session time. Those are my favorite ofcourse.