FaceTime can record you?

FYI, Just so you people know that if someone wants to do FaceTime, the other person can record the video & audio without you knowing.

https://www.techjunkie.com/does-face...screen-record/

From the article:
Can you screen record on FaceTime without the person knowing?
Yes. FaceTime does not alert the other person if you record the call using the built-in screen recorder. Snapchat is the only application I know of that will alert the other party that you have screenshotted or recorded. iOS doesn’t have that facility and the many third party screen recording apps you can use on an iPhone don’t appear to trigger it either. This seems odd given that Apple purportedly wants to protect you by not allowing the recording of audio on video chats. That it will allow you to secretly record or take screenshots of a FaceTime call without alerting the other person seems like a bigger privacy issue.
Yes!
Its very important to turn it off if you do not want to answer the phone nit knowing apps can log in & turn features on & off & you think its just you & no you are live in person. Safety is important in the hobby or out & after learning what i have I just put tape over the freaking top & back to avoid any sneaky app i failed to recognize?
I dont care for apps that sneak in..
Be safe..& educate your selves.
Im seriously thinking about taking an IT class.
Theres alot that needs to be made publuc & addressed properly not like hate just buyer beware?
This device likes to...haha
While it is certainly easier today than it was 10-15 years ago. Even back then I would assume I was being recorded. In my first job we had tape recorders hooked to our phones, by law we were supposed to disclose we were recording. It was super easy and if you didn't disclose it no one would know.

Police if they wanted something could easily wire up.

While it's much easier today, even before modern technology there were ways you could be recorded.
Depending on the state it is legal for 1 person to record a phone conversation without telling the other. It is known as a "1 party state" As long as 1 party knows about the recording it is legal.

Now if someone is recording the facetime, it would be in the best interest of those on the other end to record as well. This way should the 1st party decide to go to the cops or some other weird thing you have a recording as well to help defend.
Just turn off facetime & certain apps when you are not fully aware of how your device works..& if you do not disable certain apps that are able to gain access from other apps put tape over the cameras
c'mon folks. this is not rocket science technology (oh, wait, it almost is :^}

seriously, it's NOT the video communication apps that are recording.
it's one person using a screen recording app.
there is NOTHING you can do so stop them from recording your conversation, no matter what video communication app you are using to communicate with them.
the only thing you can do is NOT use a video communication app.

but then, even with an audio communication app, one person can record the conversation.

so, dont say anything incriminating.