Pat My Own Back

Going back to my regular, who has passed on. I have never been a drinker. One year, years ago, my brother gave me a fifth of JD, I regifted him the booze the following year. I don't even like beer! Anyway, after I met my then to be regular, she was a heavy drinker, as in shit faced drunk, and to keep her coming, I started mixing vodka related drinks but I wanted to keep the sugar low. Found a recipe for lemonade online and experimented with Splenda. I have found the perfect formula for adult lemonade, according to me.

7oz of lemon juice
29oz of water (filtered or rainwater, of course )
*12 packets of splenda
**12oz of "Citrus" vodka

Don't even realize you're drinking an alcoholic beverage with flavored vodka!!

I like sharing what I do right and I think I done good with this one! ENJOY y'all!!! I give myself an "atta boy" for this one. Wanna hear abut my "barbacue" brisket?

*you're on your own with other sweetners and there is a difference between the packets of Splenda and their "granulated" variety. The granulated just don't taste right, according to me and others. Somehow, the granulated works out to be more expensive. ??????

**I have experimented with brands of Citrus vodka, I'm sticking with McCormick.
I will give it a try.

I have been drinking Cherry vodka and limeaide all summer. Tastes just like a Sonic limeaide without the rat poop ice. I bet your proportions would work with lime also.
The "accomplishment", if that's the right word, is the Splenda. Using their comparison charts on the package is about twice the 12 packs. Took a few gallons of drink to get it the way I liked it.

Two tablespoons of lemon juice, one packet of Splenda, 6 oz of water and 2oz jigger of Citrus vodka should get you the same drink. Might be a little too sweet tho.

My mother had diabetes. She had my siblings and I promise to get off sugar as much as possible. Aside from Diet Coke and what not, this drink is my dedication to her.

I believe lime juice is sold by itself like lemon. Should work. However, your choice of cherry leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Then again, I also have come to like grapefruit juice with citrus vodka. That probably leaves a bad taste in other people's mouths.

I will give it a try.

I have been drinking Cherry vodka and limeaide all summer. Tastes just like a Sonic limeaide without the rat poop ice. I bet your proportions would work with lime also. Originally Posted by iDINE@Y