I saw my first C7 Corvette today

It was crystal red and was pretty nice looking. For those with deep pockets, they're selling them for 10K over MSRP, no doubt they'll sell them quick.

Naturally it's an improvement over the C6, but the C6 was still one hell of a great car.

The car was locked and the hood was down, so I couldn't view the new engine, but it's supposedly stronger than the current LS3, but the AFM (active fuel management) bothers me because they had performance problems with it, or a variation of it, in other cars. I would've loved to see the interior, but they needed to keep non serious buyer wannabees out of the car.

Yea, I'd love to have one in my garage, but not for 10K over MSRP. It's a nice looking car, and wasn't 'over the top' like I thought it would be.

That is one fine car there mate. Had to take my beast in to the MB dealer and they brought around a cls 63? amg. Had to take her for a burl and run she did. Cameras underneath detect pot holes, etc. and adjust suspension. Steers and breaks 'handsfree' with cameras. Crazy technology. But mate, you are spot on, easy two new vetttes for 1 of those. Nice thread.
Well, I hate to rain on your parade, but Corvettes are impractical vehicles.

Their mileage is shameful and the luggage compartment is miniscule and then cramped too.

There is no real utility in that vehicle. It is all flash and muscle car.

. . . It's only niche is as a second car used on Sundays when the weather was nice for someone with more money than sense.

nice car ccould u buy it if it was not 10k over invoice? my four sons want me to buy one. i said i could have one if i had only one son.

Their mileage is shameful and the luggage compartment is miniscule and then cramped too.

. . . It's only niche is as a second car used on Sundays when the weather was nice for someone with more money than sense.

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Do you own a Vette or have you ever owned one? I owned a 2009 auto, so I have a clue what I'm talking about.

Opinions are like.......................but let me address your thoughts. First of all, the Vette gets about 30 mpg on the highway. The car only weighs about 3500 lbs. Then again, who cares about gas mileage when one wants a performance car? I didn't buy my car for utility. It's all flash and muscle............well...yes it is. Very low 12's showroom stock in good weather. About it's niche............since I owned one, I'll determine it's niche. I'll note that I bought the car for x amount and sold it a year later for x amount plus 2K. Sounds like a pretty good buy to me. The car held it's value extremely well.

nice car ccould u buy it if it was not 10k over invoice? my four sons want me to buy one. i said i could have one if i had only one son. Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
There's a big line of guys with real deep pockets who could run 10K through a shredder and never miss it. Those will be the guys who have the first ones.

There are several cars that have produced recently that have sold for well over MSRP. The first Challengers, Camaros', Shelby's, first Camaro ZL1, most sold for at least a couple thousand over MSRP. There will always those guys who will have to be the first kid on the block with the shiny new toy.
  • ackvt
  • 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM
This is the first Vette I've liked in years. But they keep doing a poor copy job of Ferrari and choose the worst Ferrari's to copy. This looks like a copy of the Ferrari California... The Mercedes SL of Ferrari. The new GTO would have been a better foundation to start from. That said, it still looks much better than anything GM has come out with in a long time. The performance is there, and that is what really counts.
  • bbkid
  • 10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Good lookin car, D_J. Let's go "halves" on one! ???

Your brilliance astounds me...... sorry it doesn't match up in awesomeness to that Honda Odyssey...
  • Seedy
  • 10-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Your brilliance astounds me...... sorry it doesn't match up in awesomeness to that Yugo you drive.... Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude

Had to adjust that for ya Dude. Lmao

Fg, what a fucking tool.
Yes, I too had a ragging hard-on for a Corvette since I first saw one as most young men tend to have.

I finally bought one and paid cash for it and yes, it did hold its value and attracted a lot of attention, but the damn thing nearly killed me, twice! It had too much power and not enough stability.

Looking back, I realize that car was a bad investment, but still it was an itch I just had for years and had to scratch.

. . . A Corvette is strictly a show-car and not really sensible transportation, but I can appreciate the strong desire to have one. Still, I am glad to be over that boyish desire!

Do you own a Vette or have you ever owned one? I owned a 2009 auto, so I have a clue what I'm talking about.

Opinions are like.......................but let me address your thoughts. First of all, the Vette gets about 30 mpg on the highway. The car only weighs about 3500 lbs. Then again, who cares about gas mileage when one wants a performance car? I didn't buy my car for utility. It's all flash and muscle............well...yes it is. Very low 12's showroom stock in good weather. About it's niche............since I owned one, I'll determine it's niche. I'll note that I bought the car for x amount and sold it a year later for x amount plus 2K. Sounds like a pretty good buy to me. The car held it's value extremely well.

There's a big line of guys with real deep pockets who could run 10K through a shredder and never miss it. Those will be the guys who have the first ones.

There are several cars that have produced recently that have sold for well over MSRP. The first Challengers, Camaros', Shelby's, first Camaro ZL1, most sold for at least a couple thousand over MSRP. There will always those guys who will have to be the first kid on the block with the shiny new toy. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
So what's yer fuckin point mate? Any one who likes sports cars could give a shit about practicality. Car didn't almost get ya killed, you did. Boyish desire... give me a fuckin pacifier then!! LOL

Besides nuttin in a beautiful Sheila's throat, nothing wrong with 0 to 60 around 4 seconds!! DJ, are you gonna make bbkidd get down when a fine Sheila is checking out your ride? LMAO
My point is quite clear to anyone with the intelligence to comprehend it.

. . . I am afraid that you are just all noise and don't even remotely qualify.

My point is quite clear to anyone with the intelligence to comprehend it.

. . . I am afraid that you are just all noise and don't even remotely qualify.

Since I was able to drive and control the car, I guess I qualify. I made about 50 passes at the quarter mile so I guess I was able to handle the car and it's power.

OK, it seems since you can't drive a performance car you dislike it (raging hard on), but since I was able to handle the car, it was a truly wonderful machine....IMHO.

Your feelings come off as being as shallow as your driving skills.
I saw a white one on 1960 like 2 days ago

WTF? the luggage compartment is miniscule? No it is not. The C6 coupe has about 22 cubic feet of space in its trunk. That's a lot for any 2 seat two sports car, actually I think it is probably the largest considering the company its usually compared to. i.e. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini. I've spent a lot of time in a C5 and we put a shit load of stuff in the back, including people lol
I have a friend who just bought one for his wife.
They took delivery just a few days ago.
Its all black In and out..awesome car.