Muslim Tolerance

Yea and I could say the same about fanatical evangelical christians and the nutty shit they want to do in and outside of this country...

Seriously inciting fear and hatred toward a group of people based on some fanaticals is not the way to go in my opinion.
Not sure Christians are behaving quite the same way, but I distrust them as well. And saying they make me nervous is not inciting hate.
  • CJ7
  • 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
honest question cog

whats it like to be worried or afraid all the time?
un-fucking believeable that so many people look to the easy blame...like some other religion. corporations are ruining our country with their ability to buy and own politicians, but simple folks somehow blame other religions and immigrants for all our problems. we are a nation of stupid fucks. plain and simple. and you can't fix stupid.

people pay more attention to their fantasy football picks than what is going on in this country and the world.
Not blaming anyone. I'm not a religionist. I don't care what people believe. And I don't worry all the time, I'm happier now than I have ever been. Sorry, once again, to burst your bubble.
  • CJ7
  • 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
un-fucking believeable that so many people look to the easy blame...like some other religion. corporations are ruining our country with their ability to buy and own politicians, but simple folks somehow blame other religions and immigrants for all or problems. we are a nation of stupid fucks. plain and simple. and you can't fix stupid. Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco

the GOP candidates pretty much suck so its a deflection praying the population wont notice, they (the inbreds) hope
Let me be clear about this. I don't care who or what anyone believes. Who or what they worship makes no difference to me. What bothers me isn't that they are Muslim, it's about the control and lack of freedom that dominates Muslim countries. I don't want that here.

Would James Dobson, Pat Robertson or Rick Santorum be similar to the Mullahs if they had dictatorial powers in the US. Sure they would. That is why we must be careful of them as well. Let them practice their religion however they want, but leave me alone to live my life as I see fit.

It's not the religion, it's the control.

Let me be clear about this. I don't care who or what anyone believes. Who or what they worship makes no difference to me. What bothers me isn't that they are Muslim, it's about the control and lack of freedom that dominates Muslim countries. I don't want that here.

Would James Dobson, Pat Robertson or Rick Santorum be similar to the Mullahs if they had dictatorial powers in the US. Sure they would. That is why we must be careful of them as well. Let them practice their religion however they want, but leave me alone to live my life as I see fit.

It's not the religion, it's the control.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Come on get serious! There are no fundamentalist Christian dictatorships anywhere on Earth. Predominantly Christian countries are becoming more secular everyday. There are several actual or defacto Islamic dictatorships and apparently more on the way. Sharia law is making inroads in several countries in Europe.

Islam and Christianity are fundamentaly different. In Islam there is no distinction between the religion and the government. According to the Koran the government is supposed to be run by the church. The law of the land is supposed to be the Koran (sharia law).

I don't think we're in any danger of those crazy Christians taking over and implementing their version of the Taliban.
I know there aren't any currently. I was just speculating on what those crazies might do if they had power. Which thankfully, they don't.

But I don't trust Christian extremists any more than Muslim extremists. It just happens that Muslim extremists are more prevalent today. But we can't take our eyes off of any of them.
ABSOLUTELY luved the comment about people being more concerned about their stupid fantasy football pics than what is happening in the real world

And speaking about religious extremist...don't anybody question our politics with Isreal....oh noooooo. they are our beloved allies!!!!!
I know there aren't any currently. I was just speculating on what those crazies might do if they had power. Which thankfully, they don't.

But I don't trust Christian extremists any more than Muslim extremists. It just happens that Muslim extremists are more prevalent today. But we can't take our eyes off of any of them. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What if the vegetarians took over? Sure there are no vegetarian dictatorships today but I don't trust them. I don't know about you but I'm watching those sons of bitches like a hawk!

They'll have to take my barbeque from my cold dead fingers!
Never mind, Joe.
actually there *were* christian extremists.

the last nation to have a christian extremist ideology was Spain and that was over 150 years ago.
actually there *were* christian extremists.

the last nation to have a christian extremist ideology was Spain and that was over 150 years ago. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I think we're probably safe. I just don't see Joel Osteen turning into a brutal dictator.

But then again, no one expects the Spanish Inquistion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE