The night owl thread! Who's up!?

The clues are really in the title.

Given the situation we've all placed ourselves in, I find it hard to imagine there isn't quite a number of us who aren't up late (for whatever reason).

So when the sun goes down, the candles die out, or the neon sign starts to intrude, there is this thread.

If you're curious, I'm not a provider (unless the providers here suddenly need something, just saying, I'm available), I do, however, suffer from a certain amount of insomnia. So I'm up most nights. So that's me, who else is up?
It's a tough disease
Hell of a way to discover new music though.
Serious insomnia over here.
Serious insomnia over here. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
For tonight? Or is this something recurring?

As I said, hell of a way to find new music. If I could sleep I'd know nothing about Massive Attack.

Worth it. Mezzanine is otherworldly.
All the time. It's so bad if I was able to change one physical ailment I had, it would be my insomnia.

I have lots of different pills prescribed to me, yet I almost never take them. After I wake up, I cant function for the next 12-36 hours. The side effects are so bad I'd rather just stay up all night and survive the day on caffeine pills and coffee then by the time I've been awake for 36-48 hours I just pass out for 10-12 hours. Vicious cycle.
So that's me, who else is up? Originally Posted by Gbusey
I sometimes go without sleep one day, just to get back to a normal rhythm!

This is just how I am. The only medication I have taken is physical exercise. If I go to the gym, then, I can sleep early.
All the time. It's so bad if I was able to change one physical ailment I had, it would be my insomnia.

I have lots of different pills prescribed to me, yet I almost never take them. After I wake up, I cant function for the next 12-36 hours. The side effects are so bad I'd rather just stay up all night and survive the day on caffeine pills and coffee then by the time I've been awake for 36-48 hours I just pass out for 10-12 hours. Vicious cycle. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Genuinely asking: if you have so may prescriptions, why ignore them? I know it's a strange question, but surely you have a reason. Otherwise, it makes no sense. They clearly were written for a reason. I don't expect everything to work, but, you made a point to write that you don't take them. Why? If your wondering, yes, I'm probably overthinking this, but still...

I sometimes go without sleep one day, just to get back to a normal rhythm!

This is just how I am. The only medication I have taken is physical exercise. If I go to the gym, then, I can sleep early. Originally Posted by Sarunga
Doesn't that make sense to you though? If you stress your body, you're going to be tired. Ergo, you sleep better. I may be missing something though...
^^^ the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Trazodone and Seroquel (and one that starts with hydro-something or other ... hydrozine maybe?) but they were given to me for sleep and not antipsychotic purposes so I'm not suppose to take them daily, just when I need them, but like I said in my other post, the side effects are just too strong and even after I wake up it takes me a good 12-36 hours to feel normal again so it is actually easier for me to function on no sleep then it is for me to function on the side effects of those medicines.

And stuff like lunastasia does not do anything for me unless it is a very high dose, but at doses that high, I find that I have the same problem functioning the next day. I just feel like spacy and loopy.
I also suffer from insomnia... and a weak Internet connection out in the boonies at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge. Can't always lull myself back to sleep with the droning of ECCIE, dang it.

I've tried different medications, as well, but I hate being dependent on expensive pills, and there's those frequently adverse side effects previously mentioned, so I eschew them when possible. Leprechaun hot chocolate sometimes works, aka a cup of warmed Bailey's Irish Cream with a touch of melted Ghirardelli and milk, and a contented, snoring puppy giving off thermal therapy in my lap. Holistic and organic methods are often safer and cheaper than the prescription pad.
I was up last night until 3am having naughty fun; just not hobby related.
Goto the pharmacy and try melotonin or Kava Kava pills...nighty nighty

also no coffee and re-runs of MASH
Doesn't that make sense to you though? If you stress your body, you're going to be tired. Ergo, you sleep better. Originally Posted by Gbusey
For sure.

Have to be careful about the terminology though. Just because one is a night owl doesn't mean he/she is suffering from insomnia.

I have lots of different pills prescribed to me, yet I almost never take them. After I wake up, I cant function for the next 12-36 hours. The side effects are so bad I'd rather just stay up all night and survive the day on caffeine pills and coffee then by the time I've been awake for 36-48 hours I just pass out for 10-12 hours. Vicious cycle. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde

Lets break that vicious cycle and get you back to normal. Ditch the pills and try this for a month. You'll go into Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep in no time.

• Trey
  • 12-08-2016, 08:08 AM
^^^ the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Trazodone and Seroquel (and one that starts with hydro-something or other ... hydrozine maybe?) but they were given to me for sleep and not antipsychotic purposes so I'm not suppose to take them daily, just when I need them, but like I said in my other post, the side effects are just too strong and even after I wake up it takes me a good 12-36 hours to feel normal again so it is actually easier for me to function on no sleep then it is for me to function on the side effects of those medicines.

And stuff like lunastasia does not do anything for me unless it is a very high dose, but at doses that high, I find that I have the same problem functioning the next day. I just feel like spacy and loopy. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
I had some of that trazodon or what ever it's called. That will make you see shit. I had waking dreams. I'd be awake but my mind would just put shit out there I'd see people who aren't there and I knew they were not. But they could talk and shit nothing real freaky but I put them pills down. Now I more self medicate. Better dreams.